Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hardwire radar installation model x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 hardwire through rear view mirror. I bought a Blend Mount (BV1-2035) and Mirror Tap (MTX-1010). Easy to take off the plastic piece underneath rear view mirror and tape into the 3-pin connector.

Radar only turns on when the car is on. And shuts off when it goes into sleep mode.

Here are some pictures for your reference.

Install 2.png
Finish 1.png
Finish 2.png
Install 1.png

Pretty straight forward. DIY job yes.

I just popped off the cover piece with a wedge tool. The connector as shown in the picture has 3 wires -- Red, yellow, black. I suggest to use a multi meter to probe. I don't recall exactly which I used. I think theres another thread on here where someone had pictures of exactly which wires he tapped.

I did have an issue initially when I hooked it up I wasn't getting power. Took me a while to troubleshoot swapping the mirror taps, radar detectors, etc... between my other car. In the end it turns out I had a blown fuse which Tesla replaced free of charge. They think it was due to my blackvue dash cam from the installer? Just a FYI.

Just be careful when sticking the wire tap into the connector. It's very snug and can break if you apply too much force.