Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Colorado the Mobile Ranger said they are waiting until at least April because it’s too cold now which would result in adhesion issues and the spoiler potentially lifting on the corners. I hope I get mine in April/May, I’ve been waiting since August!

I wonder if it’s because the spoiler is installed at delivery. For example they could be putting them in the trunk and installed as part of vehicle prep. Just a speculation.

I can't remember precisely but I think there was a picture of a big truck with a bunch of P's on there in China and they already had spoilers, so it might be factory installed. Whatever parts they did have, they prioritized the overseas delivery, not us who paid for it long ago and are still waiting patiently (or impatiently).

I picked up my P3D+ on Dec 26, and no spoiler, but like others, I am OK waiting a little longer if they fix the adhesion/design issues.

That's true. Some of the install pictures made me think I could do a better job myself. Maybe it is worth waiting for my SC to install a few before I let them do mine. A bad spoiler is much worse than no spoiler. Or at least, that's what I'll tell myself so I feel better when another month goes by and I hear nothing :)

20190315_163949.jpg
I'm in MN and just got mine installed yesterday by mobile service. He said the car temperature should be around 70 degrees so that it adheres properly. Fortunately my garage is heated and we cranked up the temperature. It was the first spoiler he has installed. I helped him get it centered using a laser which isn't entirely necessary but made it easier. Overall it came out great. There's a very slight gap on the passenger side edge thats not completely flush but nothing worth griping over.

Reactions: is2scooby
View attachment 387185 I'm in MN and just got mine installed yesterday by mobile service. He said the car temperature should be around 70 degrees so that it adheres properly. Fortunately my garage is heated and we cranked up the temperature. It was the first spoiler he has installed. I helped him get it centered using a laser which isn't entirely necessary but made it easier. Overall it came out great. There's a very slight gap on the passenger side edge thats not completely flush but nothing worth griping over.

That's great, maybe they're finally making their way to the midwest. Your install looks great!

Out of curiosity, did you call your service center, or were you proactively contacted?

That's great, maybe they're finally making their way to the midwest. Your install looks great!

Out of curiosity, did you call your service center, or were you proactively contacted?

Well, originally my appointment was scheduled with the service center to get my dual motor badge fixed. (The SC put it on crooked at my previous appointment). The mobile service proactively called me to take care of that issue instead of bringing it to the SC. While I was on the phone I inquired about the spoiler and he mentioned that four of them just arrived.

Reactions: kayleia