Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call today to schedule the mobile tech for next Tuesday. I specifically asked if the fitment issues on the spoiler have been addressed. The rep said they now have the updated version of the spoiler and should have no fitment issues. Fingers crossed...

@Chasis,

Do us a favor when your Mobile Tech shows up. PLEASE take a photo or note the PART NUMBER on the Spoiler so we can ‘see’ or verify the NEW part number on the revised Spoiler. It willl also show on your invoice they email you after Service. This way we can continue to track these. Someone mentioned it may have a -B, or -C after the part number for the second or third revised iteration.

And NO I don’t have my Spoiler or Badge yet 8 months later. Still waiting.

Ski

Reactions: is2scooby
Hey, new to the forum. Just took delivery on Wednesday of a 2019 Pearl White Perfomance Model 3. On a whim i scheduled a service appt for spoiler install hoping they would have them in stock. Got a call yesterday from the Santa Clara service center saying they had them in stock and could actually get installed that day if I was available. So i went their in the afternoon and install took about 20 minutes. Any Bay Area folks should contact them or setup an appt.

Install looks great but i dont have any pics. I will add some a bit later. Part number for the spoiler is 1455166-00-A. Its great for now and I hope i dont see any of those lifting or fitment issues.

YOU HAVE TO CALL!!

I just called my local service center inquiring about the spoiler. They said that it is not available yet.

5 minutes later, mobile tech calls me and says they are having a spoiler install meetup at the Tesla Service center and that they will be doing a mass spoiler install in the parking lot.

YOU HAVE TO CALL!!

I just called my local service center inquiring about the spoiler. They said that it is not available yet.

5 minutes later, mobile tech calls me and says they are having a spoiler install meetup at the Tesla Service center and that they will be doing a mass spoiler install in the parking lot.
There is no way to contact my local service center - they do not take calls. All numbers that used to work now go to the national support center, and they won't give out service center's numbers - email only.

Location?
Los Angeles

@Chasis,

Do us a favor when your Mobile Tech shows up. PLEASE take a photo or note the PART NUMBER on the Spoiler so we can ‘see’ or verify the NEW part number on the revised Spoiler. It willl also show on your invoice they email you after Service. This way we can continue to track these. Someone mentioned it may have a -B, or -C after the part number for the second or third revised iteration.

And NO I don’t have my Spoiler or Badge yet 8 months later. Still waiting.

Ski

Will do.

Believe me, everything has been tried. Even asked people in my local Tesla group. As far as I know, I will need to physically go over there if I want to talk to someone in the SC.

Even that has not worked for me as they will talk to me unless I have an appointment with them. As a mater of fact the only thing the national line will do is make an appointment. Which ain't gonna happen as it is a 200 mile round trip over the Sierra's and if the weather in the Sierra is unfavorable to make the appointment time you just need to make another.

I have to be in the Bay Area for a week over the memorial day weekend so I will just build a list of the things that need to be done and drop off the car when I get there and pick it up before I return. Hopefully nothing safety related will fail before then in which case it is mobile support.

I have an appointment to have mine installed tonight... hmm, hope it fits correctly.
Pretty sure you are the first person in TX getting the spoiler installed, at least I haven't heard of anyone else in TX getting them. Let us know how it goes.

Even that has not worked for me as they will talk to me unless I have an appointment with them. As a mater of fact the only thing the national line will do is make an appointment. Which ain't gonna happen as it is a 200 mile round trip over the Sierra's and if the weather in the Sierra is unfavorable to make the appointment time you just need to make another.

I have to be in the Bay Area for a week over the memorial day weekend so I will just build a list of the things that need to be done and drop off the car when I get there and pick it up before I return. Hopefully nothing safety related will fail before then in which case it is mobile support.
Dang, that's frustrating :( Hope they can get you sorted out soon.

Mobile tech installed my spoiler today.., looks good so far... no lifting and flush fit. Watched him install it and bascically if it’s slightly to the left or right, it won’t be a proper fit and will lift. The jig they use probably has 1/2 - 1 inch give in either direction... combined with pink tape to align everything, it’s still more an art than science to align it properly. Figure if it lifts, it’s covered under warranty and the mobile tech can come back out with a new one.