Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had mine done. Tesla tech drove out to my place to apply the spoiler and the badge. Badge came out great but he flubbed the spoiler a bit, he mentioned there were issues with the shaping and the template they were supposed to use.

Attachments

• 2019-03-29_14h13_20.png
    2019-03-29_14h13_20.png
    553.8 KB · Views: 150
Hey, new to the forum. Just took delivery on Wednesday of a 2019 Pearl White Perfomance Model 3. On a whim i scheduled a service appt for spoiler install hoping they would have them in stock. Got a call yesterday from the Santa Clara service center saying they had them in stock and could actually get installed that day if I was available. So i went their in the afternoon and install took about 20 minutes. Any Bay Area folks should contact them or setup an appt.

Install looks great but i dont have any pics. I will add some a bit later. Part number for the spoiler is 1455166-00-A. Its great for now and I hope i dont see any of those lifting or fitment issues.

That's a slightly different part # than the one that got installed by a mobile tech at my place on March 2 (in the Bay Area). My part # was
1455166-99-A. The new install is holding up great so far. The first install attempt from early Feb was botched.

That's a slightly different part # than the one that got installed by a mobile tech at my place on March 2 (in the Bay Area). My part # was
1455166-99-A. The new install is holding up great so far. The first install attempt from early Feb was botched.

Could the 99 portion of that part number be a typo by whomever entered it in the system for your invoice/service workorder receipt (and they meant to type 00 instead)?

Is it possible to pick up the spoiler instead of having it installed by the service center? I want to wrap it prior to installing it. Also, how difficult is the install if I do it myself?
Yes, other people have done it. I also plan to wrap it, but I will let the SC install it first. They have two jigs to align the spoiler. So I guess you can try to eyeball it if you want to try to install it yourself.

• Informative
Reactions: hydro 481
Are there any other Pearl White P3D+ owners who got the spoiler? I’d love to see photos from the back, especially if you got tint too.

I’m getting mine tinted soon so I wanna make sure if the % I’m going with leaves it with some contrast with the spoiler instead of too black and white-ish.

Probably would be. But then you had to get the spoiler, get your wrap guy to wrap it, then schedule another appointment for the SC to install it. Your PPF guy should be able to wrap it even if it's already attached to the car. That way it saves a trip.
True but I figured if I opted to pick up the spoiler versus waiting for a service appointment then I could get the spoiler sooner.

For those wrapping their spoilers, doesn't it make the spoiler appear overly glossy and sticky to the touch? Kind of loses it's carbon fiber feel and look, no?
If you feel any PPFed surface, it's just as slick as normal paint. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a lot of aftermarket CF bits on the car, and they are all glossy CF. It would look weird have a matte CF spoiler with all other glossy CF bits.