Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone actually taken delivery in April 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen many comment that they have. I did see a comment an SA said there was a week break for them after end of quarter and in the Ohio threads some commenting the hertz lot in Cincinnati is filling with hundreds of MY's ... so all unverified conjecture but perhaps tesla is filling those thousands of orders and consumers like us are behind them (particularly with MYLR). Since Hertz was made to order and pay the same prices as anyone else (not fleet pricing like a big three would do) it makes sense that tesla would fill orders in a somewhat FIFO process and they may have been in line with thousands of cars.

Just a thought, but if hertz said they were doing 100K M3's then said Y would be part of those even say 20% thats alot of orders to fill. If Fremont can do say 1250 cars per day and its a 20K order that's 16 days of production before they get back to consumer orders so a few more days to start getting VIN's out and a few days to 2 weeks to start delivering cars into consumer hands.

This is all a bunch of guessing and i could be and am likely totally wrong but a hypothesis. It just is odd people updating just evaporated after month end and lots of date push's

I got my VIN on April 7th and my car is going from Freemont to TX, It is supposed to be in Texas the 17th, (its on truck and in transit), I am taking delivery my quickest date given on April 20th, but asked for earlier if possible so they said it arrives the 17th and they need 24 hours to inspect and clean and I can maybe get on the 18th. So hoping!!!

I got my VIN on April 7th and my car is going from Freemont to TX, It is supposed to be in Texas the 17th, (its on truck and in transit), I am taking delivery my quickest date given on April 20th, but asked for earlier if possible so they said it arrives the 17th and they need 24 hours to inspect and clean and I can maybe get on the 18th. So hoping!!!
Me too. I spoke to Tesla today and they confirmed that my MYP is on a train somewhere between Arizona and Texas. Due into Texas on the 17th. VIN is F413. Delivery to Austin.

Another fellow Austinite, hoping to join you in the Tesla Owners Club very soon! Enjoy your new ride! I should be getting a VIN any day now. I have a two week EDD window.
My Long Range was ordered on October 1st and the window was something like April 19th to mid May. But its already pushed out 4 times and I had no faith that I would get it. I changed my order this past Sunday to a Performance and at the Oct 1st pricing. I was assigned a VIN less than 24 hrs later. Super happy.

Who did you talk to? My SA doesn't reply to emails or calls lol.

I got my VIN also on 4/7 with EDD of the 25th. I don't understand how a car makes it to Texas a week faster than to Denver.
In my opinion, the SAs are beyond useless. They never get back to me either and they have no clue what they doing. I went into the Austin showroom on Saturday and they told me that I could not switch my order to a Performance at October pricing. I then chatted with Tesla on Sunday and they said sure you can. I then changed my design and I had a VIN less than 24 hours later.

I call the Austin number and it transfers me to a central Tesla number.
I select "1" for car sales and then "2" for delivery.
Those guys are really good. You just need your order number/VIN number.
They have confirmed my vehicles specs for me and they can tell you where the car is.

Who did you talk to? My SA doesn't reply to emails or calls lol.

I got my VIN also on 4/7 with EDD of the 25th. I don't understand how a car makes it to Texas a week faster than to Denver.
I believe some locations are better served than others via rail. They told me that mine gets sent via Rail to SE Dallas, then put on a trailer and driven down to Austin. If you have your VIN then go ahead and call them. Select "1" for car sales and then "2" for Delivery. Every single time I have called those guys they have been great. Forget the SAs. You got more chance of winning the lottery than them getting back to you or providing useful information.