Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone actually taken delivery in April 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Long Range was ordered on October 1st and the window was something like April 19th to mid May. But its already pushed out 4 times and I had no faith that I would get it. I changed my order this past Sunday to a Performance and at the Oct 1st pricing. I was assigned a VIN less than 24 hrs later. Super happy.
Wow. They let you change and kept pricing from October. That’s amazing. Shows you they have MYPs to ship immediately. Wondering why I haven’t gotten my VIN yet

My Long Range was ordered on October 1st and the window was something like April 19th to mid May. But its already pushed out 4 times and I had no faith that I would get it. I changed my order this past Sunday to a Performance and at the Oct 1st pricing. I was assigned a VIN less than 24 hrs later. Super happy.
I’m beyond livid to hear you were able to switch from MYLR to MYP and they honored the Oct 1 pricing!!! Not livid with you just to be clear.
I recently 4/8 changed from MYLR (ordered 3/12) to MYP and my SA told me I’d be paying the new MYP pricing…*blood boiling

Same here in Canada - my SA gave same response on having to apply cuurent pricing to my MYLR if I wanted to upgrade to MYP
Also I forgot to mention my EDD just moved up from May 10 a June 7 to April 27 - May
Same here in Canada - my SA gave same response on having to apply cuurent pricing to my MYLR if I wanted to upgrade to MYP
I also just logged in and see my EDD has moved up to April 27 a May 10 from May 10 - June 6…

Tesla plans their vehicle deliveries to ensure that the maximum number of vehicles are delivered to buyers at the end of each quarter. You will notice that locations further away from California receive deliveries earlier in the quarter and those closer to California receive their orders toward the end of the quarter. By doing this, Tesla minimizes the number of vehicles that are in transit which cannot be counted as delivered. So, at some point in March, Tesla stopped shipping vehicles to the east coast by train and focused on west-coast deliveries. Once the quarter ended, new vehicles are queued to be shipped eastward again. Since eastward transportation takes a few weeks, there will be a lull in deliveries nationwide for the first few weeks of the quarter.

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney! and morbidz
Tesla plans their vehicle deliveries to ensure that the maximum number of vehicles are delivered to buyers at the end of each quarter. You will notice that locations further away from California receive deliveries earlier in the quarter and those closer to California receive their orders toward the end of the quarter. By doing this, Tesla minimizes the number of vehicles that are in transit which cannot be counted as delivered. So, at some point in March, Tesla stopped shipping vehicles to the east coast by train and focused on west-coast deliveries. Once the quarter ended, new vehicles are queued to be shipped eastward again. Since eastward transportation takes a few weeks, there will be a lull in deliveries nationwide for the first few weeks of the quarter.
Yeah but no one is getting VINs either. It's one thing for vehicles to be caught in transit/logistics, it's another for them not to exist.

Tesla said a while back they are not pushing quarterly delivery any more.
They may have said that, but watching these forums especially in the later half of March tells me otherwise. Pretty much the only VINs going out were west coast, and there were so many being assigned especially in the last couple of weeks. As soon as March 31st passed, there was pretty much complete silence. If they truly weren’t pushing EOQ delivery anymore, VINs would be assigned equally across the country throughout the quarter (maybe even sequentially based upon order date 🤭), and there wouldn’t be a lull at the start of a new quarter.

Reactions: Firocity
I'd love to see some posts regarding the manufacturing dates of recent deliveries. Could put a lot of speculation to bed regarding recent VIN assignments and if the vehicles were manufactured before or after April 1. It seems VIN assignments have slowed significantly but not completely stopped.

They may have said that, but watching these forums especially in the later half of March tells me otherwise. Pretty much the only VINs going out were west coast, and there were so many being assigned especially in the last couple of weeks. As soon as March 31st passed, there was pretty much complete silence. If they truly weren’t pushing EOQ delivery anymore, VINs would be assigned equally across the country throughout the quarter (maybe even sequentially based upon order date 🤭), and there wouldn’t be a lull at the start of a new quarter.
I did a quick search, after 4/8, 3 people in CA reported VIN just assigned, 1 FL, 1 VA, 1 TX. I can't conclude that at beginning of the quarter, Tesla only assigns and ships cars to east coast.

To completely up-end almost every aspect of your hypothesis - my VIN was assigned on April 6, for a Seattle area delivery on April 9th. It's a cool story though...