Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone actually taken delivery in April 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They may have said that, but watching these forums especially in the later half of March tells me otherwise. Pretty much the only VINs going out were west coast, and there were so many being assigned especially in the last couple of weeks. As soon as March 31st passed, there was pretty much complete silence. If they truly weren’t pushing EOQ delivery anymore, VINs would be assigned equally across the country throughout the quarter (maybe even sequentially based upon order date 🤭), and there wouldn’t be a lull at the start of a new quarter.
Yeah, it's like a really addictive drug for companies. As soon as you employ that strategy 1x, you are basically damned to repeat if for the rest of time as everything is about vs prior quarter and vs year ago.

Once Austin comes on line, they would be wise to blend in deliveries and the increased production in such a way that they don't have to play EOQ games anymore. It's rare a company gets to reset but I think they have the chance.

Reactions: RocY
Yeah, it's like a really addictive drug for companies. As soon as you employ that strategy 1x, you are basically damned to repeat if for the rest of time as everything is about vs prior quarter and vs year ago.

Once Austin comes on line, they would be wise to blend in deliveries and the increased production in such a way that they don't have to play EOQ games anymore. It's rare a company gets to reset but I think they have the chance.
Yeah I kind of hoped they’d design Austin to be more of a lean production/just in time/Toyota kata/etc. type of plant, where different configurations can all be built at the same time, but I doubt that’s going to happen.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the SAs are beyond useless. They never get back to me either and they have no clue what they doing. I went into the Austin showroom on Saturday and they told me that I could not switch my order to a Performance at October pricing. I then chatted with Tesla on Sunday and they said sure you can. I then changed my design and I had a VIN less than 24 hours later.

I call the Austin number and it transfers me to a central Tesla number.
I select "1" for car sales and then "2" for delivery.
Those guys are really good. You just need your order number/VIN number.
They have confirmed my vehicles specs for me and they can tell you where the car is.
What telephone numbers are you calling to talk directly with someone at Tesla?

I’m beyond livid to hear you were able to switch from MYLR to MYP and they honored the Oct 1 pricing!!! Not livid with you just to be clear.
I recently 4/8 changed from MYLR (ordered 3/12) to MYP and my SA told me I’d be paying the new MYP pricing…*

What telephone numbers are you calling to talk directly with someone at Tesla?
I used Google maps to find my local Austin Showroom. That provides a local number. When I call that, it routes me to some central number. One person I spoke to was in Arizona. I would find your local showroom number and call it, I bet it directs you to the same centralized place.

I used Google maps to find my local Austin Showroom. That provides a local number. When I call that, it routes me to some central number. One person I spoke to was in Arizona. I would find your local showroom number and call it, I bet it directs you to the same centralized place.
Do what I did. Call the local number and in the options select service and it connects you to local store. Then ask them for the extension of sales. Then call the number back and dial the extension.

To completely up-end almost every aspect of your hypothesis - my VIN was assigned on April 6, for a Seattle area delivery on April 9th. It's a cool story though...
Hmm, unless I am mistaken, Seattle would be considered "closer to California" and I would even dare to hazard that it would be also be considered on the west-coast? April, being the first month of the second quarter, and April 6th being the first week of the second quarter, would place it very close to the end of the first quarter. Am I missing something:)

Tesla plans their vehicle deliveries to ensure that the maximum number of vehicles are delivered to buyers at the end of each quarter. You will notice that locations further away from California receive deliveries earlier in the quarter and those closer to California receive their orders toward the end of the quarter. By doing this, Tesla minimizes the number of vehicles that are in transit which cannot be counted as delivered. So, at some point in March, Tesla stopped shipping vehicles to the east coast by train and focused on west-coast deliveries. Once the quarter ended, new vehicles are queued to be shipped eastward again. Since eastward transportation takes a few weeks, there will be a lull in deliveries nationwide for the first few weeks of the quarter.
I think I agree with this hypothesis. I got a vin assigned yesterday. MO region. Spoke with SA. Car manufactured 4/14. Delivery date 4/28

Hmm, unless I am mistaken, Seattle would be considered "closer to California" and I would even dare to hazard that it would be also be considered on the west-coast? April, being the first month of the second quarter, and April 6th being the first week of the second quarter, would place it very close to the end of the first quarter. Am I missing something:)
So now we're doing fuzzy calculations and using words like "very close"? Mine was assigned and delivered on the West coast AFTER the EOQ push. Full stop. You can't have it both ways.

Reactions: weathergeekdan
Look at the deliveries in PA, MD, Ontario, and other points East during the month of March. They don't support a "West coast EOQ" push.

Teslas (and EV's in general) are popular in CA, it's their number one market by a long shot, like nobody else is even close. These speculations are biased by seeing a few people posting taking delivery there , ignoring what scant data is available, and not factoring in the CA market being likely as big or bigger than the rest of the US combined for EV's and Tesla.

Reactions: 1TooManyJs
Look at the deliveries in PA, MD, Ontario, and other points East during the month of March. They don't support a "West coast EOQ" push.

Teslas (and EV's in general) are popular in CA, it's their number one market by a long shot, like nobody else is even close. These speculations are biased by seeing a few people posting taking delivery there , ignoring what scant data is available, and not factoring in the CA market being likely as big or bigger than the rest of the US combined for EV's and Tesla.
I agree with this but it does just seem like the East coast gets forgotten. Fiscally and logistically everything shows that CA will just get more deliveries because they have more orders but sometimes it feels as if the rules of the EDD don't always apply to CA orders.

Reactions: weathergeekdan
Me too. I spoke to Tesla today and they confirmed that my MYP is on a train somewhere between Arizona and Texas. Due into Texas on the 17th. VIN is F413. Delivery to Austin.
My Vin is F416, very close to yours! Mine is coming to Dallas!
Soon!!! What is your Delivery day?

I agree SA s are different the Dallas ones aren't great so far, but I don't have assigned SA.. I may try to call Austin tomorrow to see if they have any info!

Reactions: carpendj
Im almost frightened to ask when y’all’s OD was
I ordered a MYLR (white, black interior, induction wheels, no tow, no FSD) on October 1st. Date kept getting pushed back.
Changed my Order on Sunday April 10th to a Performance model and kept October pricing.
Less than 24 hours later I was assigned a VIN.
Shipped from Fremont this week and was in Dallas when I checked on Friday.
Scheduled my delivery for this coming Sat April 23rd.