TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has anyone charged at Philadelphia Airport? Pre-flight?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by rosh, Feb 19, 2019.

1. rosh

rosh Member

They have 8 120 outlets, but I'm not sure if these are 15 amp or 20 amp.

2. SSedan

SSedan Active Member

If getting on flight just presume they are 15amp and don't give it another thought.

3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

I agree, 15A is quite sufficient to charge if you are gone for a few days. We've got a parking provider in Atlanta that has one side of a warehouse lined with plugs, probably 30+. They are 20A, but most folks use 15A connections. Even a few A/hr adds up quickly over a few days.

• Like x 1
  4. Kirby64

Kirby64 Member

If it's a commercial installation (i.e. at a business, like the airport), it's almost certainly all 20A outlets (NEMA 5-20).

5. SSedan

SSedan Active Member

With Philly cold weather I get that 20amp would be a lot better BUT if you gamble on it being 20 and pop the breaker 5minutes after you walk away because it was 15 then you get nothing but vampire drain the whole time.