Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone heard of or have an opinion of Cybersquad Sales company?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a mobile connector now and use the NEMA 14-50 adapter/plug. I'm wanting to keep that it my car and purchase another just for the house. Since I'm making the purchase specifically for the NEMA 14-50, I'd prefer to get the full 40 amps as opposed to the 32 amps.

I have a mobile connector now and use the NEMA 14-50 adapter/plug. I'm wanting to keep that it my car and purchase another just for the house. Since I'm making the purchase specifically for the NEMA 14-50, I'd prefer to get the full 40 amps as opposed to the 32 amps.

Order the Mobile Connector, the other has probably been discontinued. It will also match what you get with the car, which you have probably been happy with.

How many times have you headed off to work and the car hasn't been fully charged?

Recent reviews seem positive... worst case dispute the transaction?

Same boat here, 5+ years using the UMC, never leaves my garage and would like the CMC for my soon to be Model X.

Buuuuut then I found this thread....

Recent reviews seem positive... worst case dispute the transaction?

The problem I have seen with some of the reviews is that they were definitely entered by employees or people associated with CyberQuadSales.

Same boat here, 5+ years using the UMC, never leaves my garage and would like the CMC for my soon to be Model X.

I have been playing with the idea of ordering one from CyberQuadSales for some time. (But see below.)

Buuuuut then I found this thread....

Yes, that was my thread. The Great Britain folks were generally cautious about doing business with this company--and with good reason.

Here is new info, which basically settles the issue for me:

I finally was able to talk to an employee by phone (561-708-0843). I explained that I wanted the Corded Mobile Connector and that I knew of several other people who might want one. He said that (a) they are available and (b) they have five. I asked if I could use PayPal. Answer, yes. But...

I explained that I would pay them the extra ~3% PayPal fee in order to order it as a business (buyer-seller) transaction. He said that they only accepted a PP "Friends & Family" transaction. I questioned him further, and pointed out that after receiving mine (successfully) I would be glad to mention their business on the TMC site. No soap. He said that it is their policy to only use PP Friends & Family transactions.

That is a deal-breaker for me, and I told him so.

PP Friends & Family (and other online money transfer services like Venmo and Zelle) transactions provide little or NO security for a buyer. If anything goes wrong it is difficult or impossible to recover your money (such as I understand). (Plus the seller has to of course pay the PP transaction fees.) These services are intended for, as the name implies, transactions between friends and family members--not for business transactions or between strangers.

For this reason, and because of the other "dodgy" background information about this website and company mentioned in this Thread and here, I do not recommend trying to purchase a Corded Mobile Connector from CyberQuadSales. Too bad.

On the other hand, if someone has taken a chance (of losing $200+) and has had a good experience, please let us know.

Has anyone heard of or have an opinion of Tesla Cyberquad - cyberquadsales

They sale Tesla accessories, but I'm not able to find any reviews on them. Just trying to see if anyone has information before I make a purchase.

The problem I have seen with some of the reviews is that they were definitely entered by employees or people associated with CyberQuadSales.

I have been playing with the idea of ordering one from CyberQuadSales for some time. (But see below.)

Yes, that was my thread. The Great Britain folks were generally cautious about doing business with this company--and with good reason.

Here is new info, which basically settles the issue for me:

I finally was able to talk to an employee by phone (561-708-0843). I explained that I wanted the Corded Mobile Connector and that I knew of several other people who might want one. He said that (a) they are available and (b) they have five. I asked if I could use PayPal. Answer, yes. But...

I explained that I would pay them the extra ~3% PayPal fee in order to order it as a business (buyer-seller) transaction. He said that they only accepted a PP "Friends & Family" transaction. I questioned him further, and pointed out that after receiving mine (successfully) I would be glad to mention their business on the TMC site. No soap. He said that it is their policy to only use PP Friends & Family transactions.

That is a deal-breaker for me, and I told him so.

PP Friends & Family (and other online money transfer services like Venmo and Zelle) transactions provide little or NO security for a buyer. If anything goes wrong it is difficult or impossible to recover your money (such as I understand). (Plus the seller has to of course pay the PP transaction fees.) These services are intended for, as the name implies, transactions between friends and family members--not for business transactions or between strangers.

For this reason, and because of the other "dodgy" background information about this website and company mentioned in this Thread and here, I do not recommend trying to purchase a Corded Mobile Connector from CyberQuadSales. Too bad.

On the other hand, if someone has taken a chance (of losing $200+) and has had a good experience, please let us know.
Thank you for the legwork. I considered buying a CMC from them. I have a 48A WC and a 32A MC. Most of my charging is at free-to-me public charging locations around town. Charging at 40A instead of 32A reduces my daily charging time by 23 minutes from 113 to 90 minutes - that's significant to me. I ended up buying a Lectron 40A Tesla mobile charger. The first one lasted about 5 or 6 weeks before the plug started overheating. They sent a prepaid return label and a replacement, which has been working okay so far. I don't like that the Lectron unit has a shorter cord, larger wire, is much larger, and weighs twice as much as the Tesla unit.

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352