Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Any First-Hand Information About Internet Company, Cyberquad Sales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tps5352

Supporting Member
Hello.

I am located in California, USA.

Anyone have any experience with a relatively new company called Cyberquad sales (cyberquadsales.com)? They offer some Tesla-related products.

They apparently have facilities in the UK and in California, and may have started business around 2020.

You can PM (private message) me, if you like.

Tim

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Hello.

I am located in California, USA.

Anyone have any experience with a relatively new company called Cyberquad sales (cyberquadsales.com)? They offer some Tesla-related products.

They apparently have facilities in the UK and in California, and may have started business around 2020.

You can PM (private message) me, if you like.

Tim
UK address is in the middle of nowhere, some residential house.
all prices in USD - they are not acting in Uk market, that is for sure.

website as well - looks like *sugar*.. all fonts miss match :D and that crap is very expensive imho.

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352
I had a look at company house records (In the UK all businesses are registered with Company House) no trace under the name Cyberquad and I tried a few variations.
Looking at the postcode Its a small area in Cornwall and there are just a row of 4 Town houses, a single detached house and a small complex that has the Pickwick Inn, a restaurant and probably a guest house as rooms are available to book via hotels.com. Its remote.

Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware.

• Helpful
Reactions: Exy1 and tps5352
It’s actually not clear who is selling- that’s something I hate with a passion. Why are they hiding?

It very much ‘looks like’ a USA company with a UK agent/distributor which isn’t a problem in itself. You do wonder in this instance why bother unless it’s goods handling & support (“service centre”).

Reading the FAQ it might even just be a reseller of https://www.radioflyer.com/.

Did you contact the company? What is your interest?

Product looks neat but I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a trademark infringement / passing off issue.

• Helpful
...Did you contact the company? What is your interest?...

I used "Chat" and got a response quickly. I asked some basic questions about availability, shipping, and the location and age of the company. The answers were all reasonable (item currently in stock; shipping from California warehouse so quick for me, offices in California and UK; 2-year-old business), but on the other hand not particularly definitive or totally convincing. Oh, perhaps most important to me; I asked if I could use PayPal and the response was "No problem." But currently for payment options I see only:
  • direct bank transfer
  • Zelle, CashApp, Venmo (which is owned by PayPal, I believe)
  • Apple Pay
  • Bitcoin
I also tried looking for Cyberquad Sales discount coupons, found some online but had no luck applying them in the Cyberquad Sales check-out procedure. That is not unusual, though. The same thing can happen with so-called legitimate retail sites. Sometime online coupons work; sometimes they don't.

Those options may appear "scary" to older customers, like me. But they need not be, actually. PayPal (Started in part by guess who?), if indeed that is allowed, has a certain amount of protection for buyers. And I maintain a special separate bank account (with only minimal amounts of cash in it at any one time) to use for Internet transactions.

If I had to guess, I'd say this is just a young company perhaps started by newbies still learning the ropes. Sometimes new companies can be scary. Many North Americans were very wary of Harumio in South Korea. Seemed strange and intimidating to North Americans. But what a great source (for awhile) it turned out to be for hard-to-get Tesla (CCS1 and CHadeMO) charging products. And the idea of buying from Tesla/EV Offer in Hong Kong seemed equally scary at first. But it turned out to be a reliable source for dependable powered front trunk (frunk) hood devices.

I am not particularly interested in the Cyberquad of the title. (ATVs are dangerous enough in the hands of adults, let alone ridden by children! Say goodbye to your garden vegetation and small pets. 🙂 ) But there are some other items that might be attractive, provided this is genuine, bonafide retail source. I am going to ponder this.

Last edited:
I used "Chat" and got a response quickly. I asked some basic questions about availability, shipping, and the location and age of the company. The answers were all reasonable (item currently in stock; shipping from California warehouse so quick for me, offices in California and UK; 2-year-old business), but on the other hand not particularly definitive or totally convincing. Oh, perhaps most important to me; I asked if I could use PayPal and the response was "No problem." But currently for payment options I see only:
  • direct bank transfer
  • Zelle, CashApp, Venmo (which is owned by PayPal, I believe)
  • Apple Pay
  • Bitcoin
I also tried looking for Cyberquad Sales discount coupons, found some online but had no luck applying them in the Cyberquad Sales check-out procedure. That is not unusual, though. The same thing can happen with so-called legitimate retail sites. Sometime online coupons work; sometimes they don't.

Those options may appear "scary" to older customers, like me. But they need not be, actually. PayPal (Started in part by guess who?), if indeed that is allowed, has a certain amount of protection for buyers. And I maintain a special separate bank account (with only minimal amounts of cash in it at any one time) to use for Internet transactions.

If I had to guess, I'd say this is just a young company perhaps started by newbies still learning the ropes. Remember how we were all wary of Harumio in South Korea? Seemed strange and scary to North Americans. But what a great source (for awhile) it turned out to be for hard-to-get Tesla charging products. And the idea of buying from Tesla/EV Offer in Hong Kong seemed scary at first. But it turned out to be a reliable source for dependable powered front trunk (frunk) hood devices.

I am not particularly interested in the Cyberquad of the title. (ATVs are dangerous enough in the hands of adults, let alone ridden by children! Say goodbye to your garden vegetation and small pets. 🙂 ) But there are some other items that might be attractive, provided this is genuine, bonafide retail source. I am going to ponder this.
well, if you use apple pay with credit card (or payment by credit card in general) that should have you covered I think?

at least in UK if online purchase is above 75 gbp you are covered by card issuer... already used once (not tesla related) and got to keep the product (fake "designer hand bag") and got money back :D

• Helpful
I'd tread carefully - the website domain was registered through a Dutch registrar, which is unusual for a UK/US outfit. They have also redacted all the registration information, which is fine for personal domains, but for a commercial organisation would indicate they are hiding the reality of who was behind the domain registration. If they were a legitimate incorporated business they would simply use those registered details. Also, there's no way that it's 'by Tesla' which is stated several times in their website. Plus what kind of website sells Tesla accessories and components alongside a series of strollers and car seats. You may eventually end up with something being delivered from China, but I would prepare yourself for an AliBaba style purchase.

• Informative
I'd tread carefully - the website domain was registered through a Dutch registrar, which is unusual for a UK/US outfit. They have also redacted all the registration information, which is fine for personal domains, but for a commercial organisation would indicate they are hiding the reality of who was behind the domain registration. If they were a legitimate incorporated business they would simply use those registered details. Also, there's no way that it's 'by Tesla' which is stated several times in their website. Plus what kind of website sells Tesla accessories and components alongside a series of strollers and car seats. You may eventually end up with something being delivered from China, but I would prepare yourself for an AliBaba style purchase.
no, it's not unusual if they use some "global" registrar and it is registered in NL for tax reasons.

no, it's not unusual if they use some "global" registrar and it is registered in NL for tax reasons.
Yeah, but they are saying their legal entity is in UK/US, not the NL. Totally agree if they listed a Dutch European office. I appreciate they can use a registrar anywhere in the world, but 99% of companies I deal with use a registrar/web provider in their local region for many reasons including convenience and language. It's just 'unusual' in my experience.

Reactions: Casss
Yeah, but they are saying their legal entity is in UK/US, not the NL. Totally agree if they listed a Dutch European office. I appreciate they can use a registrar anywhere in the world, but 99% of companies I deal with use a registrar/web provider in their local region for many reasons including convenience and language. It's just 'unusual' in my experience.
registrar can be hosting company which provided hosting and domain reg services (like millions of similar companies)

registrar can be hosting company which provided hosting and domain reg services (like millions of similar companies)
But they're not doing that - registrar is in NL, hosting is being done in the US with a totally different company. Just another red flag - along with selling something that supposedly only exists as a prototype and that was only meant to be able to be ordered as an accessory for the CyberTruck anyway.

But they're not doing that - registrar is in NL, hosting is being done in the US with a totally different company. Just another red flag - along with selling something that supposedly only exists as a prototype and that was only meant to be able to be ordered as an accessory for the CyberTruck anyway.
How did you get to such conclusion regarding website registrations? :D

example 1: I live in UK, I own .eu domain (as I am Lithuanian myself and can have it) and my domain is registered by US based company (PDR.ltd)
example 2: I live in UK, I own .com domain (at the time of registering - I was living in Lithuania), domain is registered by same US based company, IP is German. Hosting and domain registration made with the same company, but shows different entities (outsource?).
example 3: NordVPN is LIthuania based startup (locations in other places as well) but domain registered in US.

how does that fall with your theory?

but there are other issues rather than least suspicious domain registrations to be honest.

Maybe nothing at all but the contact phone number for the USA is the same as the contact number for a company selling magic mushrooms :D

You may also like to read the 3 Trustpilot reviews: Cyberquadsales is rated "Great" with 3.9 / 5 on Trustpilot

I don't think I'd make a bee-line to them for accessories...

Contact us - cyberquadsales

1682083095257.png
Pioneer Travels
https://cyberquadsales.com › contact-us

Phone: +1 (561) 708-0843. WhatsApp: +44 (073) 000-47644. Email: [email protected]. Free standard shipping on all orders.

CONTACT US - Shroom Ssell

1682083095271.png
Shroomssell.com
https://shroomssell.com › contact-us

Phone: +1 (561) 708-0843. Email: [email protected]. Free standard shipping on all orders above $150. Support forum: 24/7 customer support.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
  • Funny
Reactions: tps5352 and Casss
Maybe nothing at all but the contact phone number for the USA is the same as the contact number for a company selling magic mushrooms :D

You may also like to read the 3 Trustpilot reviews: Cyberquadsales is rated "Great" with 3.9 / 5 on Trustpilot

I don't think I'd make a bee-line to them for accessories...

Contact us - cyberquadsales

View attachment 930512
Pioneer Travels
https://cyberquadsales.com › contact-us

Phone: +1 (561) 708-0843. WhatsApp: +44 (073) 000-47644. Email: [email protected]. Free standard shipping on all orders.

CONTACT US - Shroom Ssell

View attachment 930511
Shroomssell.com
https://shroomssell.com › contact-us

Phone: +1 (561) 708-0843. Email: [email protected]. Free standard shipping on all orders above $150. Support forum: 24/7 customer support.
Wow! That Trustpilot page is all I’d need to know.
Apparently “Tubua Faustin Ntumbu” is Brandy Cooper and had a great time….
Red flag, anyone?
(Good for a chuckle, though) 😄

• Funny
Reactions: Sparkeur
I trolled the web for some of the kit they sold - eg SCHWABEN just to see if the manufacturer had any approved suppliers. Drew a negative on that, or the manufacturer but looks like that brand is common with various resellers. Found nothing negative, but suspect that they are just resellers/box shifter (for a company that sell their own branded kit) who have bought a domain and taking advantage of that association with Tesla brand. A lot on the website looks to be bespoke wording, often poorly explained/vague (US address for example), but easy to see it being a small entity with no stock making them wanting to sound bigger than they are so UK location could be real.

But personally I wouldn't buy from them and you may well find same items available elsewhere if you want something specific. imho.

A general checklist for online shopping via any web storefront:

Dodgy copy - mhm
Free DNS - mhm
Elementor wordpress site - mhm
Registry Gateway Service provider - mhm
Bad website - mhm
Keyword stuffing - mhm
No privacy policy or terms - mhm
No debit or credit card payment support apart from Apple Pay - mhm
No contact details other than a Facebook account - mhm

Basically - if someone can vanish an entire "business" in an afternoon and have another 10 live the next day... it's not a business, so you're as good as gambling.

Surprised you even need to ask OP?

...Basically - if someone can vanish an entire "business" in an afternoon and have another 10 live the next day... it's not a business, so you're as good as gambling.

Surprised you even need to ask OP?

I hear you. But sometimes I like to live dangerously :cool: . Also see my comments (last 2 paragraphs) in Post #5.

• Funny
Reactions: Casss