Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone installed remote adjusters on their Redwood Ohlins Coilovers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kwame

@IDontGetGassed
Mar 12, 2022
New York
Just looking for pics and tips from anyone who has installed these on their Ohlins Coilovers already. I'm going to try and tackle this, this weekend.

Redwood Motorsports Remote Adjusters

TMYAdjuster01_91dd3014-3bcb-44c8-92dd-5672ac8a99eb.jpg

Thanks in advance.

I have the Model 3 version on our 2021 M3P. The extension part is different and shorter but the ends look identical, including how they grip onto the regular adjuster knobs.

They were very simple to install. Only real advice I have is be careful as you tighten that tiny hex screw for it to grip the regular knob! I partly stripped one of mine not being careful enough. That was 10k+ miles ago, no issues at all, it still grips the damper knob just fine, but of course I wish I hadn't done that.

I don't have a Y but I assume you'll need to drill holes in a plastic frunk panel for them to stick up through, like I did in my Model 3. No issues drilling the plastic. (If I ever go back to stock and don't like the holes I'll just replace the panel, no big deal.)

In my M3P they sit at an angle where the long extension part just touches the removable air intake panel in the top rear of the trunk, where it overlaps on top of the main frunk panel (the piece I drilled the holes in). That doesn't cause any issues, that's why the extension is flexible, but it means that to actually make adjustments, I always pull off that air intake panel. That panel is completely tool-less on the Model 3, just snaps out and back in, so the remote adjusters are still totally worthwhile. If I don't pop off that panel then I can't feel the adjustments very well due to the extension being pressed slightly against it.

The remote adjusters are great, with them I can change all 4 dampers' settings in about 60 to 120 seconds, depending how many clicks I'm counting. No tools involved of course. They make adjusting so quick that I'll literally do it just for a drive sometimes.

(When setting them firmer I always fully close the adjusters then count backwards from full stiff. I've read somewhere that's how it should be done. So e.g. going from 16 clicks to 11 clicks takes more like 120 seconds, and going from 11 clicks to 16 clicks takes maybe half that, thanks to much less counting / turning of the knobs.)

• Love
Reactions: Kwame
Thanks for the reply. I think it’s going to be a little tricker on my ‘22 Y with the Hepa filter and the Windshield Washer Fluid reservoir spout that sits right above the top hat on the driver’s side.