Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone picked up in Lubbock recently?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to pick up in Lubbock sometime in the next two weeks (VIN assigned but still only have a delivery range, not a specific date). Has anyone picked up there lately? Were you allowed to inspect the interior of the car prior to accepting delivery? Did anyone pay (via Plaid) at the time of pickup?

If anyone looks for this here is my experience. The service center is easy to find, clean and nicely done. The staff was helpful. Car was in good condition and was cleaned prior to my arrival. No one else was picking up when I was, so I had their full attention. I think it would be nice to have a service center between Lubbock and San Antonio, but it’s not bad to get there from a lot of west Texas. i had a slight problem pairing the driver profile to the car, and the delivery advisor was happy to come out and trouble shoot with me after I accepted the car.

Given that I had a long drive after pickup (about two hours), they called me the day before to talk me through it, and when I mentioned the SOC on delivery they kindly charged it to 100% for me before delivery. That made getting home less stressful and lets me put off charging until tomorrow when it will be light and not raining.

overall a good pick up experience.

If anyone looks for this here is my experience. The service center is easy to find, clean and nicely done. The staff was helpful. Car was in good condition and was cleaned prior to my arrival. No one else was picking up when I was, so I had their full attention. I think it would be nice to have a service center between Lubbock and San Antonio, but it’s not bad to get there from a lot of west Texas. i had a slight problem pairing the driver profile to the car, and the delivery advisor was happy to come out and trouble shoot with me after I accepted the car.

Given that I had a long drive after pickup (about two hours), they called me the day before to talk me through it, and when I mentioned the SOC on delivery they kindly charged it to 100% for me before delivery. That made getting home less stressful and lets me put off charging until tomorrow when it will be light and not raining.

overall a good pick up experience.
I missed this just by just a day. Would have helped a fellow Tesla owner in any way. Generally speaking the LBK Tesla SC is VERY Friendly. Glad you had a good experience.

I missed this just by just a day. Would have helped a fellow Tesla owner in any way. Generally speaking the LBK Tesla SC is VERY Friendly. Glad you had a good experience.
It went great! I don’t get up to Lubbock very often, but I’ve bought two cars that have to be serviced there (Lexus and now a Model Y)! Compared to what people say about some locations I feel like Lubbock might be a gem.

Reactions: iCharge
It went great! I don’t get up to Lubbock very often, but I’ve bought two cars that have to be serviced there (Lexus and now a Model Y)! Compared to what people say about some locations I feel like Lubbock might be a gem.
It is, been here a year now and i feel like this is a hidden gem. I'd like to see little more green, but that is the left over New Englander in me :) So I get my fix in Eastern NM/Colorado