Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone used BC Scrap-It Program for their Tesla purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone actually been able to take advantage of the program? I know it's only ~10 per dealership...was hoping BC gov would step up and make it easier to obtain for Tesla Model 3 but nothing came up in today's Clean BC launch. BC Scrap-It says check back in Jan 3, 2019, wondering if it's worth delaying delivery until Jan (mine is scheduled within this next week). This past year the fund was renewed Jan 15

I did some research when I placed the Model 3 reservation back in April 2018. The entire Scrap-it program is very poorly run. It's not for the purchaser, more the dealer driven program. Each dealer gets some "vouchers" for the customer. The customer use the voucher to claim the credit after the purchase. When I talked to Nissan and Hyundai, they said they could try find the voucher for me but there won't be any guarantees. I heard Tesla only got less than 5 vouchers in 2018, and it was used up pretty fast as you can imagine.

I'm not sure if they're changing the program for 2019, but I wouldn't count on it.