Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone Who Ordered the Tow Hitch Received a Vin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up tomorrow (Friday 6/12) in Fremont. White/Black 19" AWD LR Hitch. Ordered 1/30/20, added Tow Hitch 4/22.

No text or emails. Yesterday my Tesla account page updated and asked to complete payment (even though no VIN). I entered payment details in the morning. By the afternoon the account page updated showing a VIN and I received delivery email confirming Friday pickup.

That makes three of us on for tomorrow in Fremont!

I only got texts. There are usually two communications: One confirming the time, the second one telling you your car is ready to be picked up, and you have 24 hours. Did you get the 2nd one yet? My text says it comes on delivery day.

That makes three of us on for tomorrow in Fremont!

I only got texts. There are usually two communications: One confirming the time, the second one telling you your car is ready to be picked up, and you have 24 hours. Did you get the 2nd one yet? My text says it comes on delivery day.

Nope. Haven't received any texts. Only communication about delivery was an email received yesterday afternoon telling me I will receive a text on Friday when the car is ready for pickup.

Nope. Haven't received any texts. Only communication about delivery was an email received yesterday afternoon telling me I will receive a text on Friday when the car is ready for pickup.

No news so far is probably good news. The cars have been built and only need to pass QC. I'm guessing the next communication will be tomorrow morning around 2 AM, since that's when the scheduled time begins per the account mgmt. page.

I would definitely recommend reaching out to Tesla and going thru all the steps to avoid surprises at delivery. Between yesterday and today I had 4 calls with Tesla at various stages of the "paperwork" process to validate and a couple of times revalidate since you don't always get the same answer from different people. Don't assume anything. Everybody I spoke to was at the local delivery location. (Dedham, Ma). All very nice. My delivery date is 6/25 and I will check back with them on the 23rd to double check. I did this back in 20189 when I ordered my M3 and glad I did since a couple of items that I thought were set weren't. Total speculation but my M3 was perfect and I cannot help but wonder when I asked the local Tesla rep if everything on the car had been checked, like the paint and alignment that my question didn't make its way to the delivery tech.

Hey, you cant have my car same order LOL
I ordered my Model Y on January 10 then added the hitch on April 10 as well. I was told today that I too had to go to the end of the line by adding the hitch and that if I deleted the hitch, I’d be sent back to the end of the line again. So I’m leaving my order as is.
You can’t be sent to the back of a line that doesn’t exist! Seriously though, we ordered in April, added hitch in May and have a delivery scheduled for Monday. We have some things that may be in our favor which includes the white on black, Seattle metro. We also privately sold our trade back in May. Our financing and insurance was completed immediately after order. Doesn’t seem that adding the hitch slowed ANYTHING down for us and we really couldn’t have received our Y any sooner had we not added the hitch...

I got a cryptic text saying the car is due to complete inspection by end of day, and to wait for an email for further instructions. So I guess I'm a slave to my email client today.

BTW, if you contact phone number with Tesla is a land line, you won't get any texts. That led to a lot of confusion last year for me.

Details to follow. 2” receiver!
CACD91DE-3FAF-4772-8889-711268BF6B4D.jpeg
EDAEFA7B-2E34-4EE6-A87A-B32A19350EF1.jpeg