Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Tesla changed the glossy center console in the 2021 Model Y?

RocketMan777

Jan 24, 2021
USA
When I picked up my MY about a month ago, the center console was nicked. The service folks said they would replace it. I’ve been thinking that maybe I’d wait till the new console arrived and try to finagle an exchange. While talking with a service ranger earlier in the week, he suggested that even if Tesla agreed to this idea, he doubted the new console would fit similarly to the current console. He didn’t know for sure, but he seemed pretty sure. Oh well.
There is a video on YouTube of a guy who swapped out to the new center console in his Model Y...he ordered the new center console...I think he said he paid $900...and I don’t think it was as easy as you think...

EL CapiTRAN

Jan 14, 2021
Houston, TX
There is a video on YouTube of a guy who swapped out to the new center console in his Model Y...he ordered the new center console...I think he said he paid $900...and I don’t think it was as easy as you think...

Wait, there is a 12v in the new console? Is it there in the old one and I just missed it completely?

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
Wait, there is a 12v in the new console? Is it there in the old one and I just missed it completely?
The front 12V accessory port is located inside the center armrest compartment. There is a second 12V accessory port in the rear hatch area (driver's side rear corner close to the 2nd row seat release switches.)

bkp_duke

May 15, 2016
San Diego, CA
Do we have any reports of Fremont-made Model Y's with the new center console?

Given how close this is "expected" to be, this change has been the last one I have been waiting for in order to pull the trigger and replace the wife's older Model S.

GOFORIT5

Mar 16, 2016
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Do we have any reports of Fremont-made Model Y's with the new center console?

Given how close this is "expected" to be, this change has been the last one I have been waiting for in order to pull the trigger and replace the wife's older Model S.
Same! I’m waiting to confirm my delivery date as I’m waiting for the new center console. I’m hoping by end of March, but who knows.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC