TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has Tesla solved the satellite radio with NO glass roof issue yet?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by timk225, Mar 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ryanjm

ryanjm Tesla Podcast Host

SiriusXM is up over 30 million subscribers and growing. It has its issues (audio quality being at the top of my list), but many people value the service.

2. mikerathbun

mikerathbun Supporting Member

It is on the rear liftgate for both S and X models. I believe it is close to the brake bar indicator, but I can't tell visually.

3. timk225

timk225 Active Member

That's all the bigger the full metal roof on the 3 is? I can fix that. I know a local metal shop, I will have them bend up a piece of sheet metal, paint it, and RTV it onto the glass to extend the metal roof a foot or two rearward. I couldn't care less about rear seat passengers raving about their "expansive" view out the roof. I will almost never have anyone in my rear seat, and they aren't paying for the car anyway, so who cares if they like it or not.

Okay, that won't really happen, but my point is that I want whatever the "full" metal roof is AND Sirius Satellite Radio.

4. dunginhawk

dunginhawk Member

when did they stop doing solid roofs with xm? i have a 2014 model s and have XM on a solid roof.

5. TES-E

TES-E Member

So do I. It works great!

6. ummgood

ummgood Member

We have had XM since 2006. We finally cancelled it because here in Austin the service has declined. There are problems with intermod products with the new cellular signals that were not designed properly in the XM radios. We couldn't drive around town without the signal cutting out every 30 seconds to a minute.

7. UltralightBeam

Can you bring a receiver from one car (other mfgr) to another (like Model S or X or 3) and just connect power and antenna?