Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has your Tesla been hacked? Use Teslamate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I am reading it correctly, it looks like some Teslamate users installed Teslamate and Grafana on servers exposed to the internet and they never changed the Grafana password from the default. This guy found this servers and was able to access the info in the Grafana databases. Not sure if they used cloud services like AWS or Azure or whether they had their own servers that were public.

Well, that's interesting.

Today (Feb 17, 2022) I was trying to find where I could manually activate Homelink on the (new and idiotic) UI for my Model 3. As part of rooting around, I checked the list of keys....and lo and behold, I saw one I didn't recognize. It was named "Victoria", and because it starts with a "V", it was down at the bottom of the list, so I wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't scrolled down.

They key type was 'card' and it became activated around December last year, a time when the car pretty much stayed in the garage. Needless to say, it was quickly removed. But it does remind me to periodically check the list.

Might be an idea to check your own keys to make sure nobody has surreptitiously added one.