Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my 6 yr old 'S' coolant level low alert came on. I had no clue what that meant. So I reached out to Tesla who gave an estimate for 830 dollars. Even my ignorant non motor head, went into full gear and drove me to You tube videos that lead to going to auto parts and buying appropriate antifreeze for 24 dollars. But I give credit to Tesla designers who made access a breeze. But the pure extortion, forget pandering but the demeaning way they treat me at service is a altogether at a different level. I will never go to a Tesla service. I would rather set fire to my car. That doesnt detract me from praising the auto that gave me an extra 6 years of driving career. I made every one in my family buy a Tesla until the last 'X" which was typical for a past the prime company 'Over engineered' with no regard for the user. Removing the shift changer stalk and turn signal may look fancy but dangerous to operate for average person. So the beginning of the end of a great story ; I think :

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
I think coolant flows everywhere in our cars so it's not something I would just "top off" and be done. If you're losing coolant then it's imperative to find out where it went.

Rather $830 now than $8300 later... your choice.