Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hatch not "screwing" down.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should have said, "I can't HEAR the hatch tightening down like I used to. It seems to be tight - I can't lift it, but there is no motor/screwing sound at the end of closing like I used to hear. Searched but couldn't find it on TMC. Anyone have similar issues? 2015 MS P85D.

I would be interested in this as well. I have noticed that over the last 6 weeks or so that I’m not always hearing the ‘screwing down’ sound. I thought I just wasn't paying attention, but it seems to be intermittent. I’m a little concerned because my warranty is up in about 8 months and wonder how often these things break. I have a March 2016 S-90D.

Cinch motor on lift gate is failing. This happened to my old 2013 S85. it is starting to happen intermittently on my wife's 2015 S70D. A known 'feature'. And on my 2013 the latch itself eventually jammed, with the hatch partially open. Make an appointment at your Tesla Service Center to have this fixed.