Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have a MX Raven, ordered a MY LR, but.... Who has both?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like the title says, i currently have a Raven MX (my third Tesla) and couldn't resist the the price cut so i ordered a MY LR that is due to be delivered by mid Feb.

In these last few days, since getting the Vin number and EDD, i've been debating if i should accept delivery of the Y or not...

I mean, besides my Raven X being superior in everything (or almost everything), i don't really need the Y (or any other car).
It's more like i have always had soft spot the white/white Y (the one i ordered, with tow) and couldn't resist the price cut.

At times i think decide i am not get the Y and spend all this money on something i don't really need, but then.... i decide (lol), what the heck... i love the car (Y) and will use both the Y and the X as i feel like it.

So, who has both the X and the Y and how do you use them?

Another thing that "bothers" me is that in a few months (Tesla months???) the Y will probably be updated (HW 4.0, HD Radar?, Parking sensors return, 4680 batteries) and i will end up felling i should have waited...

Would appreciate any opinions and thoughts on this.... (first world "problems", lol)

We had both 2020 X and 2021 Y for a bit. But we're a 2 car household, baby seats stay in the X, I use the Y to commute, etc. If you don't have a lot of experience with the 3/Y layout, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how nice it functions compared to the X, especially with the Ryzen processor. It may be a bit painful to go back to the intel X ui. X has much more interior space of course, but other than that, Y is quick, way more efficient, comfortable, may even more quieter.

Ride quality on the Y will probably be much worse than the X,

But I feel X vary so much vehicle to vehicle it can be hard to say for sure what differences you will find and really care about. It also depends what's important to you.

Like the title says, i currently have a Raven MX (my third Tesla) and couldn't resist the the price cut so i ordered a MY LR that is due to be delivered by mid Feb.

In these last few days, since getting the Vin number and EDD, i've been debating if i should accept delivery of the Y or not...

I mean, besides my Raven X being superior in everything (or almost everything), i don't really need the Y (or any other car).
It's more like i have always had soft spot the white/white Y (the one i ordered, with tow) and couldn't resist the price cut.

At times i think decide i am not get the Y and spend all this money on something i don't really need, but then.... i decide (lol), what the heck... i love the car (Y) and will use both the Y and the X as i feel like it.

So, who has both the X and the Y and how do you use them?

Another thing that "bothers" me is that in a few months (Tesla months???) the Y will probably be updated (HW 4.0, HD Radar?, Parking sensors return, 4680 batteries) and i will end up felling i should have waited...

Would appreciate any opinions and thoughts on this.... (first world "problems", lol)
I would not buy it unless it has HW4. Seems HW3 will never be FSD capable.

Thank you guys for your responses.

Besides we both have two "old" ICE cars, my wife has another EV car that, lately, we've been using daily because it's so pratical, so i really don't need the Y or any other car.

I hear you regarding the HW4 and of course everyone prefers to have HW4 to HW3, but in the end i'm not really that interested in FSD...

Let me just add that with the price drop, the ability to deduct VAT and to receive the government subsidy, the MY LR will in the end cost me 42.500 euro.
That is what's making it so hard pass.... haha

Thank you guys for your responses.

Besides we both have two "old" ICE cars, my wife has another EV car that, lately, we've been using daily because it's so pratical, so i really don't need the Y or any other car.

I hear you regarding the HW4 and of course everyone prefers to have HW4 to HW3, but in the end i'm not really that interested in FSD...

Let me just add that with the price drop, the ability to deduct VAT and to receive the government subsidy, the MY LR will in the end cost me 42.500 euro.
That is what's making it so hard pass.... haha
I don't know man, sounds like you REALLY don't need another car. LOL!

I'd treat myself to a Rolex (or Richard Mille) or something with that money. 😄

We are now on are third Tesla. First 2019 Raven Performance Model X, added Plaid S then just received our new 2023 Performance Model Y.

Many improvements on the Model Y. We loved and miss the model X to an extent. The Falcon Wing doors are amazing and helpful especially for helping seniors in and out of the car with the adjustable air suspension. But the doors acted intermittently when in direct sunlight they wouldn’t open thinking there was an obstruction.

The Model Y replaced the X since it was totaled by the Fort Worth flash floods while waiting 3 weeks at the Tesla Service Center parked outside for a HV battery that failed after 48,000 miles with no warning other than it wouldn’t sleep for over three months. Only had 3% battery degradation according to TeslaFi.

We were one of 35 totaled Tesla’s at that location. Tesla tried multiple different things trying to resolve the sleep issues until the HV battery failed. Still had no expected delivery date for the HV battery. I saw another Raven Model X being towed there for the exact same reason. I’m sure he’ll get the battery that I was suppose to receive.

Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.