Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any online reservations given option to configure AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have any online reservation holders been able to configure AWD? Every post I have seen seem to be in person reservation from both owners and non-owners. If that is true it is interesting that the in-person reservation is trumping the owner versus non-owner status, unlike the initial configuration offers.

Tesla has seemingly switched their owner-priority method to a first come first serve method. It appears to be rolling out by when the reservation was made without adjusting per time zones. So, with that said, those who were in line and made an early reservation are getting the ability to configure AWD. I'm still waiting, and placed an in store reservation at 12:00p PST. I don't expect to be able to configure until next week.

Interesting. I am a current Tesla owner, couldn't go in person due to work and placed an online order the moment the opened up. I had briefly seen AWD as an option in my configurator, but then it updated and was gone. I called Tesla yesterday to ask about it, and they checked with webpage people and got back to me and said it was a glitch. They said new offers should open up shortly.

• Informative
Reactions: Snow Drift
Interesting. I am a current Tesla owner, couldn't go in person due to work and placed an online order the moment the opened up. I had briefly seen AWD as an option in my configurator, but then it updated and was gone. I called Tesla yesterday to ask about it, and they checked with webpage people and got back to me and said it was a glitch. They said new offers should open up shortly.

I had the same thing happen on Sunday when they opened it up. The option briefly showed up; however, when I hit submit it was unable to process the order. Tried multiple times with no luck. I refreshed the page and the option was grayed out again.

I am a day 1, in line, early reservation holder, but I had deferred my initial config until late April, With no VIN assigned I decided to add AWD. I thought maybe the order did not go through because I had already submitted my order for RWD previously, but turns out that was not the case.

I called Tesla on Wednesday and the rep over the phone said there was a glitch that happened when they were rolling out changes and they had received multiple reports from people. They explained that since I did not have my VIN yet I would be eligible to change to AWD config no problem. They made a note on my account and said the option to configure should open up soon based on my reservation date of 3/31. They also made it clear they are going strictly by reservation date now. So it does not matter if someone else hits config before I do unless they are already ahead of me in line.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr
I had access very briefly to configure AWD/Performance Sunday evening. I tried to finalize the options and came back with an error. The order never went through and never had access ever since. I did call Tesla on Wednesday and was able to upgrade over the phone. They confirmed my changes to my current order now with AWD by email. It hasn’t updated on My Tesla’s page but they said it would change in a couple of days. Try calling them to see if you can order.

I’m a bit upset about the switch from owner preference to only first come first serve preference for AWD and Performance. I’ve planned on getting the P3D from day one, but decided not to go in-store since at that time the general consensus was that owners AND in-store orders got preference, and there was no need for owners to also stand in line. I reserved on-line before the official reveal, got the initial request to configure on Jan 12, and deferred for Peformance/AWD. My configurator still says “mid ‘18” for AWD but not looking too good if many (most?) in-store reservationists still have not been able to configure, now 2 weeks after the start of configurations. Obviously If I’d known that owner status would not be considered for AWD reservations, I’d have gone to the local Tesla store and waited in line...

I’m a bit upset about the switch from owner preference to only first come first serve preference for AWD and Performance. I’ve planned on getting the P3D from day one, but decided not to go in-store since at that time the general consensus was that owners AND in-store orders got preference, and there was no need for owners to also stand in line. I reserved on-line before the official reveal, got the initial request to configure on Jan 12, and deferred for Peformance/AWD. My configurator still says “mid ‘18” for AWD but not looking too good if many (most?) in-store reservationists still have not been able to configure, now 2 weeks after the start of configurations. Obviously If I’d known that owner status would not be considered for AWD reservations, I’d have gone to the local Tesla store and waited in line...

Non-owner, line wait in the Bay Area, day 1 reservation within two minutes of opening. Got my invite to configure 31May18 @11:11 PST. Now the reservation was made in California but the car is actually being delivered to PA/MD as I live in Delaware.