Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have I locked in a price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The better question is: At what price are you out?

For me, the Dual Motor needs to be $55k or less or I will probably buy something different at that price point.

The new Toyota Tundra SR5 looks like it will start at $42k and the Limited for $50k. Ideally, Tesla would offer more trim levels to reach more buyers but they wouldn't be able to handle the production anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogre

For me, the Dual Motor needs to be $55k or less or I will probably buy something different at that price point.

The new Toyota Tundra SR5 looks like it will start at $42k and the Limited for $50k. Ideally, Tesla would offer more trim levels to reach more buyers but they wouldn't be able to handle the production anyway.
What the hell, why are you talking about dirty ice vs Cybertruck

• Funny
Reactions: alexgr

Don’t know. If the price changes I’ll figure it out then. Like many people, the truck didn’t really excite me until they rolled out the price tag. If they bump it too much, I’ll have to re-assess.

A smaller Tesla truck would be interesting. I think a lot of people would jump on a smaller Cybertruck personally I wish they’d gone smaller first.

What the hell, why are you talking about dirty ice vs Cybertruck
He’s talking about trucks. That’s what you compare trucks to.

Don’t know. If the price changes I’ll figure it out then. Like many people, the truck didn’t really excite me until they rolled out the price tag. If they bump it too much, I’ll have to re-assess.

A smaller Tesla truck would be interesting. I think a lot of people would jump on a smaller Cybertruck personally I wish they’d gone smaller first.

He’s talking about trucks. That’s what you compare trucks to.

A smaller normal Tesla Truck would be an instant hit. With the Cybertruck you have a lot of people that reserved up to 300 with no intention to buy.

F-150 is the standard pickup in USA. Anything smaller than that will be subtly sneered at as smaller. Must be able to throw a sheet of plywood in the back, and jam 6 adults into the cab. Really not much room to shrink.

I've been looking at pickups for a while. The smaller-than-F150 ones just look ... smaller, only suitable as a two-person vehicle with minimal cargo capacity. Since pickups are, to great degree, family vehicles (at least here in the US South*) a great many buyers are using them as SUVs with open trunks.

* - In GA, about 1/3rd of vehicles on road are pickups. Another third are SUVs.

Reactions: WhiteWi
F-150 is the standard pickup in USA. Anything smaller than that will be subtly sneered at as smaller. Must be able to throw a sheet of plywood in the back, and jam 6 adults into the cab. Really not much room to shrink.

I've been looking at pickups for a while. The smaller-than-F150 ones just look ... smaller, only suitable as a two-person vehicle with minimal cargo capacity. Since pickups are, to great degree, family vehicles (at least here in the US South*) a great many buyers are using them as SUVs with open trunks.

This is true and as an F-150 owner I can tell you it does everything you need it to do while maintaining comfort for all passengers. Most of us only need something the size of a Ridgeline to be honest, but if you have passengers in the back often and for long trips, the smaller pick-ups cant provide the comfort levels of the full size trucks.

I need something to move myself, a few friends, and our bikes. Also camping. Don’t need a mega truck for that.

Had a Tundra which held 6 people comfortably (plus a couple more in the bed on occasion). While I enjoyed the space, I only used the extra room rarely. Mostly it was just 2-4 people in the truck regardless. Bed needs to be able to fit a 4x8 sheet with the tailgate down though… that is a hard requirement.

One of my favorite things about the Cybertruck is that it looks like I’ll be able to keep the bike in the back and close the vault. That secure storage is fantastic.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
This is true and as an F-150 owner I can tell you it does everything you need it to do while maintaining comfort for all passengers. Most of us only need something the size of a Ridgeline to be honest, but if you have passengers in the back often and for long trips, the smaller pick-ups cant provide the comfort levels of the full size trucks.
I kind of hate trucks. (oops) They are the waste of resources, you always can rent a trailer (or a real box truck) if you need to get more s$it to your house on a fraction of the cost of gasoline or diesel going into F-150. The only reasons I want the Cybertruck are (a) it's electric and (b) it is totally wicked.

• Funny
Reactions: Ogre
I kind of hate trucks. (oops) They are the waste of resources, you always can rent a trailer (or a real box truck) if you need to get more s$it to your house on a fraction of the cost of gasoline or diesel going into F-150. The only reasons I want the Cybertruck are (a) it's electric and (b) it is totally wicked.
It seems to me a lot of people buying the Cybertruck are not really “truck” buyers. I’ve owned trucks, but I could easily get by with an SUV or a van

I need to haul people and bikes and occasionally home improvement stuff or furniture. I want to be able to go into the woods with my chainsaw and some tools and build trails and not worry about the car getting scratched to hell or stuck somewhere the suspension can’t handle. My Outback works pretty good for a lot of this but something bigger is nice.

It doesn’t hurt that the Cybertruck is as you say totally wicked.

Reactions: WhiteWi

You got that right! We are family of five and I want to be able to get everyone in the truck and have enough cargo for vacation in Florida. Used to have Ram and it was glorious minus the gas prices.