Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have seats on the M3 changed since initial launch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a 2019 (69) M3 SR+ from new and recently sold (22.5K miles) and purchased a 2020 (70) M3 LR (24.5K miles) 2021 facelift model.

The front seats in M3 LR seem to be a little softer than the SR+ which appeared to be a bit firmer and a little more supportive. I preferred the slightly firmer feel - also retains shape better over time.

Has there been changes to the seat cushioning/support since the M3 was first launched?

In answer to your Title, the answer is yes. The launch (in the US) was 2018, adn seats were changed a few months later (after some tough reviews, including one from Consumer Reports). My Jan 2018 has Gen 1 seats, while my wife's Model 3 (July) has Gen 2 seats.

Now, your model may already have Gen 2 seats.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
In answer to your Title, the answer is yes. The launch (in the US) was 2018, adn seats were changed a few months later (after some tough reviews, including one from Consumer Reports). My Jan 2018 has Gen 1 seats, while my wife's Model 3 (July) has Gen 2 seats.

Interesting, when you say tough reviews, do you mean damning or complaint about seats being too tough/hard?

This is the UK sub-forum and the Model 3 didn't start arriving here until March 2019.

I had a 2019 (69) M3 SR+ from new and recently sold (22.5K miles) and purchased a 2020 (70) M3 LR (24.5K miles) 2021 facelift model.

The front seats in M3 LR seem to be a little softer than the SR+ which appeared to be a bit firmer and a little more supportive. I preferred the slightly firmer feel - also retains shape better over time.

Has there been changes to the seat cushioning/support since the M3 was first launched?
I've bought used seat bottoms from all models. I cannot tell any difference in the foam or metal base and have used them interchangeably. As far as I can tell there was only an early change to appearance. That's not the case for the Model S, which had a huge change around the 2016/7 refresh. Now their base is the same as all models, while the foam is slightly different.