Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have solid internet connection, but audio apps wont load

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
Just purchased a new to me 2013 Model S P85+. Got it for cheap because it had a dead battery, which I just got replaced along with doing the MCU2 upgrade.

So the car itself has the 4g modem and comes with lifetime connectivity. I have a solid LTE connection and can browse the internet, stream video via netflix and disney+ but when it comes to the audio apps none of them load. I do not have a premium spotify or slacker account, but the TuneIn app only worked once. It usually leaves me on the initial page with a swirling grey circle no matter which tab I hit (radio, podcast, login, etc) Anyone have any tips other than an MCU reboot (which I also tired) Thanks!

Go to the audio settings page, sources, and turn off the various streaming selections and then turn them back on. I'm not hopeful it will fix it, but worth a try.

Next would be to try a full power-down. Wait about 3 minutes in the car (yes a pain). Then tap the brake to power it back up.

If neither of these work, I'd try a factory reset. You will lose all your settings, but that's the ultimate reset. Let us know if any of these fix it for you.

Go to the audio settings page, sources, and turn off the various streaming selections and then turn them back on. I'm not hopeful it will fix it, but worth a try.

Next would be to try a full power-down. Wait about 3 minutes in the car (yes a pain). Then tap the brake to power it back up.

If neither of these work, I'd try a factory reset. You will lose all your settings, but that's the ultimate reset. Let us know if any of these fix it for you.
Thanks. I'll try turning on and off the various settings. I did a hard reboot last night and that didn't help either. I just finished setting everything up so really hope I don't need to do a factory reset.

The infotainment is a mess. Sometimes it will not connect with radio - spinning wheel - until you change "channel", wait for THAT then go back to the original one. Then when you go to a TV or Netflix for example it is a visual bodge job and the audio remains from the last radio station you were listening to, not the video.