Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have the autopilot features been reduced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the ordering site and these features are shown in FSD. Didn't these used to be included with just autopilot?

• Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.
  • Auto Lane Change: automatic lane changes while driving on the highway.

AutopilotIncluded
  • Enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane.
Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.
  • Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.
  • Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.

Based on this, the "autopilot" that I've been thinking is now included in the higher price is simply adaptive cruise control.

• Funny
Reactions: Webeevdrivers
AutopilotIncluded
  • Enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane.
Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.
  • Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.

Based on this, the "autopilot" that I've been thinking is now included in the higher price is simply adaptive cruise control.

Normally "cruise control" is just setting a speed, without automatically stopping (and starting again) with traffic, and auto steering.

Hmm, the name "autopilot" is really misleading, but then again Tesla is good at that.

So back in April when Autopilot was a $3,000 option, was auto lane change included? I was always under the impression autopilot automatically navigated on the highway and FSD would do the same thing on city streets if it ever becomes reality?

Hmm, the name "autopilot" is really misleading, but then again Tesla is good at that.

So back in April when Autopilot was a $3,000 option, was auto lane change included? I was always under the impression autopilot automatically navigated on the highway and FSD would do the same thing on city streets if it ever becomes reality?

Not to my knowledge, no. Autopilot features "autopilot" which was a new package introduced this year included "within your lane". Maybe you are confusing it with Enhanced Autopilot (which was a 5k purchase when those of us who bought it, bought it)?

AP is TACC and auto-steer within a single lane. That's it. It's only been available for a couple of months.

EAP was what was offered as the base driver assist package before that, it cost more, and it included all the other currently-available features now listed under FSD.

Back before EAP was retired, EAP buyers could pay 3k more (pre-delivery, usually more post-delivery) to upgrade to FSD.... which at the time added literally nothing (and still does not for people who already had EAP)... but WILL add all the "new" FSD features allegedly coming later this year like stopping for red lights/stop signs, local road navigation, etc.

Tesla perhaps is misleading at times. I don’t think that is the issue here. Good luck on doing a little research on the very well documented provisions of the old EAP vs the current AP — and likewise for old vs current FSD.. There are tons of posts here on the topic and the forum has a very good search capability.

Ok this all makes sense now. I was texting with one of our partners here yesterday who has a model S and he told me his drive to the office is so easy now since they recently rolled out some update to autopilot. His car navigates traffic now and he barely needs to pay attention...

I asked him if he had FSD or just autopilot and he said only autopilot. He must really have "enhanced" autopilot. If you search the new listings for model S many of them show enhanced autopilot as a feature.

Ok this all makes sense now. I was texting with one of our partners here yesterday who has a model S and he told me his drive to the office is so easy now since they recently rolled out some update to autopilot. His car navigates traffic now and he barely needs to pay attention...

I asked him if he had FSD or just autopilot and he said only autopilot. He must really have "enhanced" autopilot. If you search the new listings for model S many of them show enhanced autopilot as a feature.

Unless he bought his model S less than 2 months ago he has enhanced autopilot.