Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have the new CONTICROSSCONTACT LX SPORT improved since 2017?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Struggling with picking tire to replace OEM Contis on my 2017. I have dedicated Winter set of tires on winter rims so looking for a solid 3 season setup that will minimize noise, maximize treadlife and be an all round performer. Don't need high performance.

So local tire shops have stock on the Conti Lx Sport with Silent tech - part number below. These seem very similar to OEMs but wondering if technlogy/tread life has improved since 2017? If not which other model should i look at? Geolanders?

CONTICROSSCONTACT™ LX SPORT - SILALL SEASON265/45R20/XL 108VPART # 03593500000
All Season

I've had two sets of the Contis on our X and both ended with a tread separation at the rear. that was enough for me to switch. Not that I had any choice since it happened during a road trip. The tire shop was able to find a set of Pirelli Scorpions. They have been at least as comfortable as the Contis, and I haven't noticed an efficiency hit, but I haven't checked treadwear yet.

So the Verde AS has three variations - The Verde All Season, Verde All Season Plus and Verde All Season Plus II... These look like incremental improvements from the base Verde AS. Is it safe to assume the AS Plus II is better then base Plus and regular verde? Hard to tell from reviews/descriptions - thank you

The current version for sale is the T1 Tesla-specific tire, which seems to be an update to the T0 part number. The T1 tires came out sometime in early 2021 or so

I now have a set of the T1 tires on my car. No idea of any empirical improvements, but they're black, round, and hold air. I replaced the factory tires, which were T0 contis, with the T1 contis about 4000 miles ago. One of the rears has closer to 9000 miles on it because I had to replace one due to damage. They all look pretty good so far.

I don't think they're terrible personally, they're just asked to do too much. 150mph, all-season, on a 7000+lb GVW car that can also tow another 5000lb yeah that's a lot to ask oh and they need to be quiet too, oh AND tesla's going to throw standard alignment specs at them that make them wear poorly. Jack of all trades, terrible at most (though I think snow traction is actually pretty good for an all-season!)

Last edited:
Reactions: scottf200
The current version for sale is the T1 Tesla-specific tire, which seems to be an update to the T0 part number. The T1 tires came out sometime in early 2021 or so

I now have a set of the T1 tires on my car. No idea of any empirical improvements, but they're black, round, and hold air. I replaced the factory tires, which were T0 contis, with the T1 contis about 4000 miles ago. One of the rears has closer to 9000 miles on it because I had to replace one due to damage. They all look pretty good so far.

I don't think they're terrible personally, they're just asked to do too much. 150mph, all-season, on a 7000+lb GVW car that can also tow another 5000lb yeah that's a lot to ask oh and they need to be quiet too, oh AND tesla's going to throw standard alignment specs at them that make them wear poorly. Jack of all trades, terrible at most (though I think snow traction is actually pretty good for an all-season!)
Good timing. We are evaluating our "Continental CrossContact LX Sport | 265(&275)/45R20" tire tread as we are going on a 6K mile road trip in a few months. They are currently at 6/32 to 7/32 at 30K miles. Have had good luck with them on both our Xs. They were purchased on 21-Mar-2019 from Tire Rack.

Just drove 759 miles this past Fri & Sun and they get great Wh/mi (336 - Tesla expected value of 340 AFAIK)

wt5m6zY.jpg

@scottf200 how can I contact you?!! I’ve been reading your answers about dead battery on Tesla model x and I need help , I think you might help me !!