Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have VIN but TD Meloche Monnex insurance unable to find VIN in system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up MY Monday Nov 8 in Ottawa. I called TD Insurance with vin saturday morning and they couldn't find the vin in their system. I waited on the line but I was in a remote location and lost the connection. I'm going to call back Monday morning. Has anyone seen this before. I thought I read of this in a post somewhere but I can't find it. I'm assuming I'll still get insurance on the car.

Thanks

I'm picking up MY Monday Nov 8 in Ottawa. I called TD Insurance with vin saturday morning and they couldn't find the vin in their system. I waited on the line but I was in a remote location and lost the connection. I'm going to call back Monday morning. Has anyone seen this before. I thought I read of this in a post somewhere but I can't find it. I'm assuming I'll still get insurance on the car.

Thanks

I'm with TD as well, and had the same issue. They don't have all 2021 VINs in their system yet. It won't be an issue, they will still be able to give you coverage and an estimate for your premium, based on the 2020 model.

Reactions: michaelnorbert
This happened to me originally in Edmonton as well, but I requested the NVIS from my SA and I forwarded that to my Insurance company and all done! Like many have said above, she was able to get me an idea on how much more it was based on a 2020 model. Good luck!

I'm with TD as well, and had the same issue. They don't have all 2021 VINs in their system yet. It won't be an issue, they will still be able to give you coverage and an estimate for your premium, based on the 2020 model.

Yes, they were able to add it manually. Got the car today, everything is perfect. No issues. Will post pics on another forum after the detailing.

How was the delivery experience? I am picking up my MY on Thursday from Ottawa.
Great. Was in and out of there in 30 minutes. I was actually going to the SC every day after work, looking for the car. It showed up Friday 6 so I checked it out in the parking lot that they have off of Sidney St. No security around there at all. No gates around parking lot. Where the cars are it's right next to the O Train line and path. Very accessible. I didn't have any issues with fit/finish whatsoever. Another trailer full of Y's came in while I was there.

Great. Was in and out of there in 30 minutes. I was actually going to the SC every day after work, looking for the car. It showed up Friday 6 so I checked it out in the parking lot that they have off of Sidney St. No security around there at all. No gates around parking lot. Where the cars are it's right next to the O Train line and path. Very accessible. I didn't have any issues with fit/finish whatsoever. Another trailer full of Y's came in while I was there.
Great to know! Believe mine was on it as my SA said it arrived on Monday. Looking forward to getting it on Thursday!