Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Having Second Thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's actually an annoying sleight of hand.

They don't show it to you until you hit "Finalize." Then they show it to you.

And then, just when you think you're all done and have your out-the-door price, when you Confirm the Finalization, that's when they add in the "Tesla Personal Delivery" and "Final inspection, prep, and coordination" fees ($1170).

And in CA, you pay sales tax on that! (I don't blame Tesla for this last bit).

I think it's too bad that as part of Musk's attempt to make the car buying experience better, they decided not to fix the lame delivery and inspection fees tack on practice. We just got a law passed on airline fees - it appears to me that the same thing needs to happen with cars as well.

I didn't realize that. Mine was all done with paperwork e-mailed back and forth.

It looks like they do include the tax credit in the design studio still. I really wish they would include everything as you said or show both prices (full price and 'if you qualify for $7,500 tax credit' price). Doing otherwise makes people think they are hiding something. I understand the practice is common since you want to show the lowest price but they're trying to be a different kind of car company.

I'm new to this forum, so apologies in advance to what may be beating a dead horse regarding the Model S driver's seat. At the Houston demo day I found the lumbar support range barely perceptible even when at the max setting. Never mind about it not having the other great adjustments like my 650i and old 740iL did. Haven't been able to find that particular aspect addressed elsewhere. I can't bear the thought of it being like the MB I once had, w/ no lumbar support, in which I got a back ache every time I drove it. Am I the only person who has that concern? If not, is it something that might be fixed by an upgrade? Of course, otherwise that car was wonderful!

This seems like an old time line but certainly needs to be re-adressed as the car has changed and will continue to do so. To sum up the basics... the biggest problem with the current MS is the interior design. I don't even have mine yet (expected in three weeks) but the obvious interior deficiencies are the missing center console for stuff like change and a place to store small items. I have pre-ordered one which Telsa is now offering for $600 including install if ordered now. There are cheap cup holders for the rear passengers that are available and attach to the back of the forward seats which are cheap but also look cheap. The front seats lack lateral support for this car which corners on rails.

These issues should be easily corrected soon are not expensive improvements. If they are as good as I thick they are they will pay attention to these small details.

I bought the car based on performance, overall quality, safety, and for the environment.