Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Having trouble changing my Tesla.Com Account Password

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having trouble changing my Tesla.Com account password. Apparently, it can only be done on a browser, and in every browser I tried, you can't use password managers' copy and paste function. Back when I had a car, I had a maximum length password which would take 5 minutes to type in a smartphone, so changing it would require about 15 minutes time. That's just insane. Why would Tesla do that totally anti-secure thing? Rememberable passwords are not secure passwords, plus they are impossible to type in a normal life setting.

The more and more experience I have with Tesla, the less and less I like the company. They are sucking more and more as time progresses. They are really miserably unaware of what it means to be one of their customers. It's as if they don't know what being a customer is like.

I finally found a workaround. If you hit "I forgot my password" (which I most certainly did not; I never remembered it in the first place, and my password manager never forgot it), then you can then reset that password, not having to re-enter it, and when you enter the new password, it can be created using the normal means. It's time the managers and directors of Tesla get in the modern age, rather than being stone-age throwbacks to decades ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: boaterva
I use a Mac and and an iOS device. I have no issues with the UID and Password being in the keychain replicated by iCloud across all of my devices. It copies and paste it in there after a successful Face ID or Touch ID.

The OP is referring to changing the password, not entering it to login. I have the same issue -- Lastpass is unable to paste in the new version.