Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reviewing my paperwork that I got from delivery and noticed a few items. Apologies if this is common knowledge, but just thought I'd share:

1. My car arrived via Pasha Hawaii and Horizon Lines. I can't tell when it left the west coast. It seems like it was in a sealed 40' container and sent with 3 other vehicles, based on the BOL. When I initially was told by the DS the dates of when it was leaving the mainland and arriving here, I thought it was coming via Matson, but I guess my detective work on google was a bit off.
2. I recall seeing someplace else on TMC a post how TM ships 3 cars in 40' sealed containers in a weird stacking maneuver. I wonder if that's how they did this one. I did see two other cars up on lifts wrapped in plastic when I was at the SC.
3. The "Bill of Lading" they provided me is a copy. Jimmy at the SC said this is all they have when I asked about getting the "original" It's really just a print screen from Honolulu Freight service with the truck drivers name, and the 2nd page is again print screen copies from Pasha Hawaii/Horizon lines showing the transport of the container. I'll report back if they give me any problems at the DMV with this.
4. The SC didn't provide me with a Hawaii registration form, and I forgot to ask. All rational/clear thought left my head. If I was to do this again, I'm definitely making a checklist to take with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone should have told them that Tesla owners are immune from the condition known as range anxiety. :biggrin: I'll settle for HECO just hurrying up with my service upgrade request so I can get a new meter installed at my house to enable 240V/NEMA 14-50 charging at my house instead of this trickle charge I'm getting from the 110V. I'm still okay for my daily commute at the slower rate, but I just have to control my use of the MS' spirited acceleration a bit more.... :wink:

If you hang out primarily on this Hawaii sub-site and don't check the rest of the forums much you may have missed the big change in options pricing yesterday. See the Design Studio on the Tesla main site. Wow! Glad I bought when I did.

Yup saw that - the same car I just took delivery of on Friday is now ~$4,000 more expensive. Not sure how I feel yet on Tesla switching to more ala carte pricing. I'm hoping some of the new options can be retrofit!

If you hang out primarily on this Hawaii sub-site and don't check the rest of the forums much you may have missed the big change in options pricing yesterday. See the Design Studio on the Tesla main site. Wow! Glad I bought when I did.

I'm glad to see that Tesla is offering more options. i like the cyclone wheels. too bad there isn't a way to see the interior design better.

Last edited:

I just wonder what plug they will have. (Japanese Standard) CHAdeMO (no adapter for Tesla yet) or the (rest of the world) SAE J1772-DC Fast charger.
250px-CHAdeMO_Plug_VacavilleDavisStDC2.jpg
REMA-inlet-Plug-1-928x1024.jpg

Last edited:
My car is in for service today...got the P85 loaner...All i can say is...I WANT ONE!!!! Can't believe how much faster it is than my 40/60 :)

BTW..Luke said around 120 Teslas in the State. Was around 100 at quarter-end and they haven't gotten a lot since then.

My car is in for service today...got the P85 loaner...All i can say is...I WANT ONE!!!! Can't believe how much faster it is than my 40/60 :)

BTW..Luke said around 120 Teslas in the State. Was around 100 at quarter-end and they haven't gotten a lot since then.

haha! That's the reason I sprung for the P85 in the first place. I knew I would regret it if I didn't, but now I have to budget a little more than I used to in order to cover the payment :biggrin:

Unfortunately, mine is going back in soon - waiting for an appt time from the SC. Slacker doesn't work, USB doesn't work, and the main screen is wonky - it freezes and reboots by itself when I'm driving (happened each day since I took delivery on Friday). Hope I can "test drive" a P85 too! How many do they have? Will they bring it to me or have most of you been driving out there?

Unfortunately, mine is going back in soon - waiting for an appt time from the SC. Slacker doesn't work, USB doesn't work, and the main screen is wonky - it freezes and reboots by itself when I'm driving (happened each day since I took delivery on Friday). Hope I can "test drive" a P85 too! How many do they have? Will they bring it to me or have most of you been driving out there?

They have 2 loaners, a gray P85 and a white 60. You can request the P85. I live in Mililani so I drove to the SC. I think it was Spleen who had them deliver a loaner car to him/parent's house and pick up their car but not sure if that's part of ranger service?

They have 2 loaners, a gray P85 and a white 60. You can request the P85. I live in Mililani so I drove to the SC. I think it was Spleen who had them deliver a loaner car to him/parent's house and pick up their car but not sure if that's part of ranger service?

Yup delivered to our house but not sure if that was because we have the anywhere service plan.

Aloha all! Just order my Tesla S yesterday. Very excited to join the Hawaii Tesla community.
@ gmtom1: seems like you received your car in 50 days from ordering to delivery. That's amazing! Congratulations! I ordered almost the same car: 60kw, brown/black, air suspension, tech package.
Have some general questions:
1. How's the 60kw acceleration compare to...say a BMW 535i or MB E350? Is the ride quality comparable? Anyone regrets getting the 60kw instead of the 85kw battery?
2. Does the Waipahu SC offer test drives?
3. Has anyone seen or own a brown MS? Is this a nice color? I've always owned black cars, and want something different this time. Was debating between the pearl white and the brown
4. Do we need to subscribe to a cellular network for the web browsing to work on the road?

Any inputs will be welcome. Mahalo!

Tessie Got New Socks today

Front and Rear Logo Mats from "ForMyMercedes.com"

Front_Mats_01.JPG
Rear_Mats_01.JPG

These mats are just perfect the MS. I like the underside that keeps them from sliding around on the carpet.

Got these from:

Gerald (Jerry) Jones [email protected]
Buffalo Grove, IL
888 563 7227

His current web site is ForMyMercedes.com
Later in 2013 he will have a "ForMyTesla.com" site also.

Front and Rear Logo Mats from "ForMyMercedes.com"

View attachment 27661View attachment 27662

These mats are just perfect the MS. I like the underside that keeps them from sliding around on the carpet.

Got these from:

Gerald (Jerry) Jones [email protected]
Buffalo Grove, IL
888 563 7227

His current web site is ForMyMercedes.com
Later in 2013 he will have a "ForMyTesla.com" site also.

I was just looking at your old post 10 minutes ago and went out to the web site but didn't see Tesla on their site yet. do you have a price range for the front and rear mats?
is the heel pad sewn on or is it bonded to the carpet?

Status
Not open for further replies.