Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dsmith, The three pieces, two front and one rear with the logos and names were $ 279 plus shipping.
The heel pad is sewn on to the mat all the way around.
Jerry is going to have these mats on his new ForMyTesla.com site once he gets it up and running.
In the meantime contact him directly for specifics on customization he will do for you for mats.
The price is different depending on your choices of logos or names. He would have put the logo on the rear,
but I like the simple "Model S"
Drop him an email, and I suspect he will call you and explain the details as he did for me.
Questions?

Anyone listen to the live or replay of the 2Q Financial Results Conference Call today? Interesting info.

Yes. Elon continues to punish the short sellers by exceeding guidance and reaffirming his long stated goals at each conference call (GenIII will start at $35k WITHOUT government subsidies and go 200 miles on a single charge)

and how about the 1-2 combination punch to the short-sellers? The results from the NHTSA crash test on the MS was also released today, and surprise surprise (well, no surprise to us owners) the Model S got the top rated 5-stars in all crash categories. I don't know how big this is when factoring a buy decision but it can only help Tesla. No BMW or Mercedes can claim a perfect score.

Unfortunately, mine is going back in soon - waiting for an appt time from the SC. Slacker doesn't work, USB doesn't work, and the main screen is wonky - it freezes and reboots by itself when I'm driving (happened each day since I took delivery on Friday). Hope I can "test drive" a P85 too! How many do they have? Will they bring it to me or have most of you been driving out there?

Okay, after a few more days, it seems most of my problems have resolved itself. Slacker now works - the login info was finally populated/pulled down from Tesla, and the freezing/rebooting of the main screen seems to have subsided. I still can't access my USB, but Luke explained that it's probably because the car has to index/scan through all the files first, and it re-indexes the files each time the drive is removed or the car restarts, if it didn't finish. Since I have over 7,000 files on a 64GB flash drive, he said it may take a while and suggested a smaller drive first.

- - - Updated - - -

Aloha all! Just order my Tesla S yesterday. Very excited to join the Hawaii Tesla community.
@ gmtom1: seems like you received your car in 50 days from ordering to delivery. That's amazing! Congratulations! I ordered almost the same car: 60kw, brown/black, air suspension, tech package.
Have some general questions:
1. How's the 60kw acceleration compare to...say a BMW 535i or MB E350? Is the ride quality comparable? Anyone regrets getting the 60kw instead of the 85kw battery?
2. Does the Waipahu SC offer test drives?
3. Has anyone seen or own a brown MS? Is this a nice color? I've always owned black cars, and want something different this time. Was debating between the pearl white and the brown
4. Do we need to subscribe to a cellular network for the web browsing to work on the road?

Any inputs will be welcome. Mahalo!

@ HIBIMMER - Yes, I think I got lucky with the timing, but order was finalized 6/17 and I picked her up last Friday. congrats on your order! I'm guessing you're also a BMW driver too?
1. On paper, the 60kwh is about 1/2 sec faster to 60 than the 535. Seat-of-the-pants feeling is that it's much faster, largely because of the insane quick 0-30 time and instant torque inherent to EVs.
2. Don't know. You can try and ask your DS to see if they can arrange it. They have one 60kwh and one P85 service loaner vehicles. I test drove a 85kwh in SF when I was there in May and my 60 feels similar to the acceleration I felt in the 85, but it's really subjective.
3. Haven't seen one here in Hawaii yet.
4. No, for now it's included until they finalize the "connectivity package" option. It didn't make it into the options changes that were released a few days ago, so looks like we're still getting free service for now. I wouldn't expect too much from it though - it's pretty slow, especially if you've experienced LTE or HSPA+ data service.

Good luck! Lots of helpful folks here and reading through the posts really helped me with the wait!

Aloha all! Just order my Tesla S yesterday. Very excited to join the Hawaii Tesla community.
@ gmtom1: seems like you received your car in 50 days from ordering to delivery. That's amazing! Congratulations! I ordered almost the same car: 60kw, brown/black, air suspension, tech package.
1. How's the 60kw acceleration compare to...say a BMW 535i or MB E350? Is the ride quality comparable? Anyone regrets getting the 60kw instead of the 85kw battery?
3. Has anyone seen or own a brown MS? Is this a nice color? I've always owned black cars, and want something different this time. Was debating between the pearl white and the brown
4. Do we need to subscribe to a cellular network for the web browsing to work on the road?

1. After having the loaner P85 and experiencing the higher performance and acceleration, I think would've splurged and got one of those instead...although I'm still happy with my range-ltd 60
2. Not that I know of.
3. Haven't seen one yet, but there's at least one here. The white is beautiful and a very popular color.
4. No. But it is slow to me.

Thanks gmtom1 and nanimac for the quick reply. I've already finalized my order and received my vin right after I posted.:biggrin:
Tesla charged me a "destination and doc fees" of $1170. Does that mean shipping to Hawaii is included? My vin is 196XX and estimated delivery is late September. Hopefully, it will get here sooner rather than later:love:

Thanks gmtom1 and nanimac for the quick reply. I've already finalized my order and received my vin right after I posted.:biggrin:
Tesla charged me a "destination and doc fees" of $1170. Does that mean shipping to Hawaii is included? My vin is 196XX and estimated delivery is late September. Hopefully, it will get here sooner rather than later:love:

How exciting! Now the wait begins :) Yes, shipping is included in that fee. Let us know your config...glad to have another Hawaii Tesla owner (soon-to-be) :)

BTW..There were 6 cars that came in yesterday when I was at the service center...anyone on/stalking the forum expecting one this week?

1. After having the loaner P85 and experiencing the higher performance and acceleration, I think would've splurged and got one of those instead...although I'm still happy with my range-ltd 60
2. Not that I know of.
3. Haven't seen one yet, but there's at least one here. The white is beautiful and a very popular color.
4. No. But it is slow to me.

#4 you can always connect to your cell phone via Bluetooth (until they get the WiFi S/W loaded) for faster connection speed.

HIBIMMER, How about posting your config of your new MS for us to all to admire? If you look under your profile, for the "signature", you can put it there and it will appear on all your posts on TMC. Look at nanimac's for an example.

I went to "profile" and couldn't find the "signature" entry (I must be dumb):confused:
Anyway, here's my configuration:

Brown Metallic Paint
Body Color Roof Included
19" Wheels Included
Obeche Wood Matte Décor
Black Nappa Leather Seats
BATTERY 60 kWh Battery
OPTIONS Tech Package
Parking Sensors
Extended Nappa Leather Trim
Smart Air Suspension
Parcel Shelf

My vin is 19674.....pretty close to 20000:cool:

oh no you are not. It's not easy to find. When I said, your profile, its basically under "settings" after you are logged on, its simply part of your overall profile as a user, but under "settings". Sorry, I didn't do a better job in the first place explaining that.

oh no you are not. It's not easy to find. When I said, your profile, its basically under "settings" after you are logged on, its simply part of your overall profile as a user, but under "settings". Sorry, I didn't do a better job in the first place explaining that.

I think you might need 5 (or is it 10) posts to have the option? In any case, welcome!

I went to "profile" and couldn't find the "signature" entry (I must be dumb):confused:
Anyway, here's my configuration:

Brown Metallic Paint
Body Color Roof Included
19" Wheels Included
Obeche Wood Matte Décor
Black Nappa Leather Seats
BATTERY 60 kWh Battery
OPTIONS Tech Package
Parking Sensors
Extended Nappa Leather Trim
Smart Air Suspension
Parcel Shelf

My vin is 19674.....pretty close to 20000:cool:
HBIMMER - Did you actually sit in the rear seat of a Model S without a pano roof before placing your order? The rear seat is tight even with the pano roof which gives you 2" more headroom than the very tight rear seat headroom of a hardtop.

I always cringe when I see people ordering a hard top who may have not personally determined the rear seat headroom is acceptable for them. This is a hugely expensive car to make a mistake in configuring.

HBIMMER - Did you actually sit in the rear seat of a Model S without a pano roof before placing your order? The rear seat is tight even with the pano roof which gives you 2" more headroom than the very tight rear seat headroom of a hardtop.

I always cringe when I see people ordering a hard top who may have not personally determined the rear seat headroom is acceptable for them. This is a hugely expensive car to make a mistake in configuring.

Thanks very much for your advice.
No, I haven't actually been in one yet. I had a bmw 3 coupe not too long ago and we fit in the back seat just fine. No one in our family is taller than 5'10. Do you think we will have problems?

Welcome - we need to see you at our next meet up. Brown and signature red were the only colors we didn't have at our 28 July meet.

I test drove twice - once with pano, once without. I went hardtop. I am 6'2" and have no issues riding in the back. Worry not

Thanks very much for your advice.
No, I haven't actually been in one yet. I had a bmw 3 coupe not too long ago and we fit in the back seat just fine. No one in our family is taller than 5'10. Do you think we will have problems?
I'm 5'10" and have a serious problem in the back seat of a Model S hard top. If you follow the forums long enough you'll find the general consensus is the rear seat head room in a Model S hard top is very tight for most adults. It depends entirely on each individual, however, as dpodoll noted. This is why I always cringe when people order a hard top without checking it out for themselves first.

I wanted a hard top. But had I ordered one sight unseen I'd have felt sick to my stomach when I found out most of my adult passengers in the rear seat would have to slouch just to sit back there. I thus bought the pano.

The Model S is unusual in that it was designed with a pano roof. The hard top was added as an afterthought. In adding the hard top a design decision was made to slope down and back the rear roof section aft of the center roll bar, which is still present but hidden under the hard top head liner, instead of scooping it up to more closely follow the lines of the pano roof like is done fore of the center bar.

Thus the rear head room is much diminished in a Model S hard top compared to a pano roof. This is opposite of most cars. In most cars a sun roof mechanism decreases headroom. But most cars do not have a roll bar in the roof nor are they designed with a sunroof as the default.

Status
Not open for further replies.