Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated Seat and explaination of "Not Provided" on bottom of display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello again guys.
I have been able to stay out of trouble and have not posted a help request for a few months and am back with a couple of questions.
I usually don't use Climate Control especially during cold months and for the past serveral days, I noticed that my seat is warm (being heated).
I don't recall turning "Heat Seat" on and would appreciate your help in turning heat seat off permenentatly (not just for the momement and it will go back on when I startup the car again)?
The other question is I have no idea what the "Not Provided" icon on bottom of display (see attachment) is and would appreciaite your help in advsing me what it means and how to turn it off?
Thank you
Bob

Attachments

• Tesla screen.jpg
    Tesla screen.jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 319
  • Funny
Reactions: gaswalla
Thanks JJ for advising me that "Tesla added an "Auto" function for seat heaters. Open the climate screen and make sure your Seat heaters are not on Auto".
I thought that I did this but the Heater is still on and (Climate Control) AC is still on.
I have attached a ScrShot of my display and would it if you can please advise me what I am doing WRONG?
Thank you
Bob

Attachments

• Display.jpg
    Display.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 171
Thank you Creepy for advising me to "Swipe down the streaming section and it will disappear. Or select a different audio source".
I DON'T want to listen to music while I drive so I want to disable streaming and would appreciate your help in advaising how to do this?
Thank you
Bob

Thanks JJ for advising me that "Tesla added an "Auto" function for seat heaters. Open the climate screen and make sure your Seat heaters are not on Auto".
I thought that I did this but the Heater is still on and (Climate Control) AC is still on.
I have attached a ScrShot of my display and would it if you can please advise me what I am doing WRONG?
Thank you
Bob

In that screenshot, you have "keep climate on" selected, which will make the car continue to run the climate system after you get out. Tap that button to turn it off, then tap the seat heater button that has the red line on it multiple times until it has no red line AND ALSO does not say "auto".

The Tesla Model Y front seat heaters, when set to Auto, will only warm the seat when the cabin temperature is below a temperature threshold. When the heated seats are set to Auto the seat heaters will not turn on in summer.

I wish the Tesla Model Y front seat heaters would follow my driver profile (driver's seat heater set to Auto, front seat passenger seat heater set to Off) when preconditioning. Instead both front seat heaters are activated during preconditioning.

The heated seats icon used to be visible on the task bar but Tesla did a software update that required a click on the climate control to see the status. This drove me nuts because my wife would leave the passenger seats on and I wouldn't know (and they don't default back to off when you lock/leave the car). But there is a way to add them back, which I think is essential. It is not only more convenient, you can always see the status of the heated seats. This video shows you how to do it:

• Helpful
Reactions: zpaul and GSP