Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated seats from the App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First cool morning since I received my X this summer. My wife asked me to heat the seats before we went for our Sunday Starbucks run and to my dismay, I can't find anything on the app? Is this not an option or am I just doing it wrong? If it's not on there, I mean common Elon! I know it's not a top priority in California but this would be nice in a few months :).

Cheers,

Mike

Reactions: PeterHG
First cool morning since I received my X this summer. My wife asked me to heat the seats before we went for our Sunday Starbucks run and to my dismay, I can't find anything on the app? Is this not an option or am I just doing it wrong? If it's not on there, I mean common Elon! I know it's not a top priority in California but this would be nice in a few months :).

Cheers,

Mike

Interesting question. I know on my 2013 Chevrolet Volt the seat heaters could be set to automatic and therefore would turn themselves on during preconditioning through the app. I haven't looked to see if there is a setting somewhere on my M / S that will allow the seat heaters to turn on during preconditioning on particularly cold mornings or if it's just done automatically. Going to be awhile before I can find out we're still looming around triple digits here in southeast Arizona :)

Seat heaters are not available from the API, so not available to any of the remote apps.

I suspect that the seat heater really heats YOUR seat, not the car seat. I doubt you would feel much difference in the temperature when you first sit down between pre-heated and not. Can you maybe do some testing to see if pre- heating helps?