Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heating controls question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i tried playing around with the cabin heating controls. I did not see any difference when selecting between the different options for air direction. For example the direction of air to feet .air was still coming out at face level just as hard as before.just wondering if anyone else has noticed this .or should I have experienced a marked difference like any other car I've owned.

It should make a difference, at least it does on my pre-facelift MS. It helps if you manually set the blowers to a high level as well when testing it. There may still be a bit of leakage through the other vents but most of the flow should come through the indicated vents on the climate setting.

My MS seems to be unable to keep my feet warm in cold weather. I've setting the temperature to 25 C, switching off AC and directing all the air flow downwards to no avail (and this is a temporary measure as the car will usually start to fog up on this setting). I can feel a bit of airflow in the footwell but it's pretty feeble, and certainly not enough for warming up cold feet!

Some owners have had problems with the pipes feeding the air vents not being clipped in place correctly. I had the service centre check mine in the hope that something could be improved in terms of foot well heat, but sadly they didn't find anything out of place in my car.

I just had a look at the manual and it says that when the foot level vents are selected about 1/3 of the air is still directed at the windshield to assist in defogging. And check the face level vents aren't shut (IIRC if they are pushed all the way to one side they get closed).

My MS seems to be unable to keep my feet warm in cold weather.

Mine too. In my case the journey starts off OK but after about an hour I then get no heat on my feet, and it stays like that (I don;t then drive for hours and hours, so there may be a time that it starts heat-to-feet again, but I've not noticed it reverting)

Tesla say they can't find a problem (but they only drive it round the block, not get someone to take it on a weekend trip as I have asked), and yet every loaner they've given me, whilst mine has been in the shop, has been fine ...

the pipes feeding the air vents not being clipped in place correctly

They have told me that they have made some adjustments to those (i.e. they found something wrong), but it hasn't made any difference

I haven't tried closing the face-vents, I'll try that on the next long journey.