Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heavy/Obese drivers - Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm 6' 1" and 350lbs and was also concerned but really I'm very comfortable in my model 3. The recliner like other have mentioned seems under powered I lean up a bit when adjusting it. Also the seat quickly developed a little rock back and forth which through service center said was "within tolerances" and won't do anything about. But other than that it's fine and the rocking is not usually noticable. I wouldn't worry about it my fellow fat friend . Enjoy the model 3, it's a great car!
Thank you Im taking a hugh leap of faith getting this car.

I'm not as heavy (6ft and 210Lbs) but I find the seat bolsters a tad tight. It seems I rest on them while driving. Never had any difficulty with the seat movement when changing it but wish they were a little wider. Am going on my first long road trip in a coupe weeks so will see how it is (2400 kms to Florida)

I'm not as heavy (6ft and 210Lbs) but I find the seat bolsters a tad tight. It seems I rest on them while driving. Never had any difficulty with the seat movement when changing it but wish they were a little wider. Am going on my first long road trip in a coupe weeks so will see how it is (2400 kms to Florida)

I sat in a model 3 today, (I'm 6ft5 and 30 stone, 420lbs for my friends over the Atlantic) and I found getting in it a struggle, but after adjusting the seat I *think* that the driving position is pretty comfy, with plenty of leg room. Getting out was a bit easier than getting in, especially when I moved the steering wheel in.

I have a test drive planned this week so I will have some more plays with getting in and out, hopefully I'll get used to it (never driven a saloon before)

Any heavy Model 3 drivers out there? Am 5’9” 300 lbs. Currently drive an Audi A6 with no issues at all. Any shorter but heavy owners with some insight? I’m thinking about making a switch.

6'2" 270 lbs. Switched from Audi A7.

Model 3 seat is much cushier. I had access to a M3 for months before I got mine. Every time I went back to the Audi it was like sitting on a rock. That said every-time I went from the Audi to the M3 the seat "felt" narrower and the left seat bolster pinched my left butt/leg and was uncomfortable. Months later that's gone. Body just getting used to something different and seat break in.

Now I find the M3 seats more comfortable than my couch or $1500 office chair, which has been a savior at work for the last 5+ yrs.

• Informative
Reactions: Fred42
6'4". I had a M3 for a while but even though it was big enough once inside my frustration was with getting into and out of the car.
The M3 is a little low to the ground.
So I returned it and got a MY. The extra few inches above the ground makes a big difference. Much easier to get in and out.
Love the Y.

Reactions: Ciaopec
I weigh the same as you but am 6'4". If your butt is wide it might not fit. The seats are kind of bucket shaped. I personally think the interior is roomy. Best thing to do is go to a showroom and take a test fit and test drive. I sit a little different compared to my old Prius but I think the Tesla is better for ergonomics. The biggest difference was my legs are closer together as opposed to spread eagle in the Prius. Good luck.

6’2” 340lbs. My height is in my torso.

I find everything very comfortable with the exception of the headrest. The position and angle of the headrest cause some neck discomfort on long drives. Nothing too bad, but it definitely would be more comfortable if I could raise it a couple of inches.

I also wish the steering wheel could be raised a little bit more for knee clearance but that’s really just a nice to have, not a need.

Ducking while getting out is sometimes a bit of a challenge, but that is largely attributes to the keg I carry around with me!

I’m 6’2 about 280lbs and just turned in my car for its first and last warranty work before my mileage exceeds the 50k miles. Just be careful when exiting the car, I would kind of slide out and push off the seat but damaged a plastic pin in the plastic seat trimming on the lower side of the seat. So it would always pop out even though I popped it back in the place. They replaced it for free as a one time courtesy. I now just lift my left leg up and use my left arm to take some weight off the seat when exiting. Here is a a pic of the trimming popped off before being repaired. I have 47k miles right now.
C105C4BA-0C1B-477B-8B02-5CCE12B11080.jpeg

I am also 5’3 and weigh 300 pounds (pant size 24 if that helps lol) I’m getting a Tesla model 3 from turo for a week and driving about 4 hours to get to my destination. I was wondering since everyone is taking about it. will I fit? like how will my legs fit under the steering wheel? and will it be comfy? Thanks in advance!

As far as you legs I'm 6'2" / 270 lbs and have more room than I did in my much larger Audi A7.

I'm a 40 waist and fit just fine in mine. So seat width shouldn't be an issue as well. Likewise even with your height you should plenty of heigh adjustment on the seat.

The steering wheel shouldn't be an issue. I haven't touch it in a while but I don't think it has tilt adjustment but does have height and depth adjustment.

The only thing I have a concern with and your drive is the fact that at 5'3" you'll need to raise the seat quite a bit, but with the fact that you're a 24 and 300 will you be able to get enough adjustment out of the steering wheel after raising the seat that high.

My significant other is 5 ft and 150 and I can't get in the car after them would moving the chair to the other extreme. We both fit though.

As far as you legs I'm 6'2" / 270 lbs and have more room than I did in my much larger Audi A7.

I'm a 40 waist and fit just fine in mine. So seat width shouldn't be an issue as well. Likewise even with your height you should plenty of heigh adjustment on the seat.

The steering wheel shouldn't be an issue. I haven't touch it in a while but I don't think it has tilt adjustment but does have height and depth adjustment.

The only thing I have a concern with and your drive is the fact that at 5'3" you'll need to raise the seat quite a bit, but with the fact that you're a 24 and 300 will you be able to get enough adjustment out of the steering wheel after raising the seat that high.

My significant other is 5 ft and 150 and I can't get in the car after them would moving the chair to the other extreme. We both fit though.
Ok thank you for replying !