Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Hello from Discount Tire!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, TMC-

We just plugged into the forum as an official site sponsor and wanted to take some time to say hello and introduce the team! If this is your first time seeing us, we invite you to get to know us and take a look around at what we offer by following the link below.

As many of you already know, Discount Tire is the largest independent tire and wheel retailer in the world. We have over 1,100 stores nationwide and take great pride in offering world class customer service and the lowest prices at the bottom line.

There will be four(4) of us messaging here on the board: Price, Jordan, Joe and I (Matt). We'll take care of everything for you, from answering stock inquires, setting up orders, to helping you find the perfect fit and product for your needs. Our team is dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer experience.

We do our best to respond to inquiries in a timely manner and will typically reply to all tagged posts and DM conversations in under 1 business day. Please bear in mind our online hours outlined below:

Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM (EDT)
Sat: Offline
Sun: Offline

We're ecstatic to be a part of the community and look forward to assisting the members here. If you ever need anything, even if you're just looking for a good outlet to share your Discount Tire experience, we're a DM away!

Last edited:
New Discount Tire store just opened in Greensboro, NC. Plan on getting tires rotated there. Anything I need to tell them about lifting the car or hand torquing the lug nuts?

Thank you for giving our new store the opportunity to help with the rotation!

No instruction should be needed from your end. Our stores have best practices in place for lifting EV's and all lug nuts are hand torqued to the manufacturer's OE torque specifications. If you do have any concerns though, I would raise them with the team member you're working with at check-in, so that everyone is on the same page.

On a side note for those that may be unaware, rotation service is always FREE at Discount Tire for passenger cars and non-dually light trucks, regardless of where the tires were purchased or installed.

Long time customer here. Chino California store.

When I put my model in to find my tires I don't have an option for Standard Trim. Not a Performance or Long Range model.

1688598264641.png

Reactions: WyoDude
Long time customer here. Chino California store.

When I put my model in to find my tires I don't have an option for Standard Trim. Not a Performance or Long Range model.

View attachment 953525

My apologies for the missing trim level - this looks to be the case for the 2022 year as well. Thank you for calling this to our attention.

I'll pass your feedback to our fitment team so the can look into this further. In the interim, you can select the LR and choose your OE sizing from there.

Thank you for your long time support!

My apologies for the missing trim level - this looks to be the case for the 2022 year as well. Thank you for calling this to our attention.

I'll pass your feedback to our fitment team so the can look into this further. In the interim, you can select the LR and choose your OE sizing from there.

Thank you for your long time support!
Thanks, no problem.
  1. Do all EV tires have foam in them to reduce road noise? What about other tires?
  2. If I buy a 255 45 R19, how do I know that's an EV tire?
  3. If I buy a 255 45 R19, how do I know it's made to support the weight of an EV and the higher air pressure?
True story.

I'm lost a tire in small town west Texas at 3:00am. I'm sleeping in my car waiting for the local tire store/gas station to open. When a 35 year old man unlocks the door I tell him what I want. He says: "You'll need to wait for daddy to come in. Pretty soon a 45 year old man shows up, I tell him what tire I need. He too says: "You'll need to wait for daddy to come in.

About an hour later an old man shows up wearing overalls, chew running down his chin. You must be daddy?

Last edited:
Reactions: Discount Tire
Great questions, fholbert!

fholbert said:
Do all EV tires have foam in them to reduce road noise? What about other tires?

EV "tuned" tires more often than not, do utilize an acoustic material (typically of foam) that's applied atop the inner-liner, with the aim to aid in road noise absorption. This is not always the case though.

fholbert said:
What about other tires?

Acoustic absorbers are typically found on EV "tuned" tires only, to the best of my knowledge.

fholbert said:
If I buy a 255 45 R19, how do I know that's an EV tire?

255/45R-19 would not indicate the tire is EV "tuned". When selecting a model in this size, you would want to reference product descriptions. Most tire manufacturers will brand their tires with EV in the tire model name as well. Some manufacturers are also developing tire lines, such as Hankook with their Ion series, to identify EV "tuned" tires.

fholbert said:
If I buy a 255 45 R19, how do I know it's made to support the weight of an EV and the higher air pressure?

The for sure way is to select a tire model that meets or exceeds the OE vehicle tire's load index. I can't speak for other retailers, but on the Discount Tire side, our website is designed with filters in place - so when searching tires by vehicle, the results will only display tires that are capable of meeting the vehicles load.

I'll add that tires are pneumatic, and generally speaking, will carry more load as the tire pressure increases. There may be instances where a lower load index tire works, if the pressure is adjusted (higher) to compensate. Load inflation tables would need to be consulted for the new proper "cold" inflation pressure in these instances.

Price, Jordan, Joe and Matt:
I went to the my local Discount Tire to get my TPMS sensors replaced in my 2012 Model S. (433MHZ system) back in March 2023.
From the info I could research, along with what recommended for the correct sensor at DT, they installed BHS UV4040 TQ40 Red 433 INTLSNS.
(I believe these are HUF sensors part #1010938-00-B).

They were unable to get them to sync to the car. They spent about an hour trying, but no success.

What can be done?

-Tim

Price, Jordan, Joe and Matt:
I went to the my local Discount Tire to get my TPMS sensors replaced in my 2012 Model S. (433MHZ system) back in March 2023.
From the info I could research, along with what recommended for the correct sensor at DT, they installed BHS UV4040 TQ40 Red 433 INTLSNS.
(I believe these are HUF sensors part #1010938-00-B).

They were unable to get them to sync to the car. They spent about an hour trying, but no success.

What can be done?

-Tim

First and foremost, thank you for thinking of us for the new TPMS sensors, Tim - though I'm sorry learn that after an hour the sensors did not sync! The BHS UV4040 sensor is a compatible with your Model S, with proper programming. I'm not sure where the breakage is occuring, but I certainly want to help get this resolved for you. Hope you don't mind me sending you a DM to gather more information.

• Helpful
Reactions: zoomer0056
First and foremost, thank you for thinking of us for the new TPMS sensors, Tim - though I'm sorry learn that after an hour the sensors did not sync! The BHS UV4040 sensor is a compatible with your Model S, with proper programming. I'm not sure where the breakage is occuring, but I certainly want to help get this resolved for you. Hope you don't mind me sending you a DM to gather more information.

Aren't there 2 types of TPMS that will fit this car?
The original and the upgraded version (that also shows tire pressure on the display).

My 2012 MS P85 has the upgraded, so I have to be careful if/when replacing to get the correct one.

A separate question: Do you know if Toyo is going to make a Proxes that fits Model S but with the EV noise reduction foam?

Hello Price, Jordan, Joe, and Matt,

I wanted to thank America's Tire below for their exceptional customer service, even during a hectic day when the parking lot was packed with cars, and there wasn't even space to move. I bought some aftermarket Martian Wheels MW05 to get tires mounted on my 23' MYP, and they went above and beyond the call of duty. Handled the tires with extreme care and diligence and mounted and balanced them perfectly. If anyone in the Torrance area is skeptical about letting a "Franchise" tire shop mount your wheels, ask for the reps below, and they will ensure you're taken care of!

America's Tire
22910 Hawthorne Blvd,
Torrance, CA 90505

Representatives: Jamar, Matt, Mike, and Joel

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056