Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Hello from Discount Tire!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Discount Tire, I’m the NY metro person that is sad without any DT stores. Question about Tire Rack, I cannot find that you sell Hankook iON EVO 245/45/19. I see other Hankooks but not iON EVOs. Looking for help.

Hello DT. I’m picking up my 2023 Model Y LR with 19 inch wheels tomorrow. I’m in Michigan and am needing snow tires. I see you have a Troy, MI location. What are my options for snow tires? Is it better to just get a different set of wheels and tpms or just swap the tires each time? Cost for each option? Also what can do your for storage? Also any tire recommendations?

Thanks!

Congratulations on the new MY, @vnr111! We appreciate you thinking of us for the winter set up.

We offer a wide selection of winter tires and I would say the most convenient way to go is with a dedicated winter wheel and tire package.

Hope you don't mind me sending you a DM to gather some additional details. I'll be happy to look into potential storage solutions as well.

Hello Discount Tire, I’m the NY metro person that is sad without any DT stores. Question about Tire Rack, I cannot find that you sell Hankook iON EVO 245/45/19. I see other Hankooks but not iON EVOs. Looking for help.

I apologize that you weren't able to find what you are looking for on the TR site. Thank you for taking the time to reach out!

Hankook offers their iON evo A/S and most recently iON evo (summer). Happy to look into this further for you to see what we can do. Hope you don't mind me sending you a DM!

• Helpful
Reactions: SalisburySam
Congratulations on the new MY, @vnr111! We appreciate you thinking of us for the winter set up.

We offer a wide selection of winter tires and I would say the most convenient way to go is with a dedicated winter wheel and tire package.

Hope you don't mind me sending you a DM to gather some additional details. I'll be happy to look into potential storage solutions as well.

I apologize that you weren't able to find what you are looking for on the TR site. Thank you for taking the time to reach out!

Hankook offers their iON evo A/S and most recently iON evo (summer). Happy to look into this further for you to see what we can do. Hope you don't mind me sending you a DM!
Are the iON evo (summer) tires available in the US yet? Been trying to find them but no luck so far.

Are the iON evo (summer) tires available in the US yet? Been trying to find them but no luck so far.

Thank you for reaching out @Nealp97! Yes, the iON evo (summer) is starting to trickle into the market in select sizes. We are waiting on internal part numbers for this particular model, however if Hankook has availability, we can special order it.

I see you sent us a DM; replying to that now.

Reactions: Nealp97
Good Afternoon Discount Tire,

Cool to see your a sponsored vendor here on TMC. I've been looking at getting a set of the GoodYear ElectricDrive Tires for my ModelY. When I put them in the cart on the website I'm given "Installation & Life of Tire Maintenance" and below that I'm offered "Protect my tires with certificates" for an extra charge. They look to offer the same benefits. What am I missing?

Mmm,

Maybe DT can help point me at some choices for my 2023 MYP.

When Tesla changed the rear calipers on the Performance model Y to match the LR Y, at least a few 18" wheels actually fit on the Performance model Y's.
This is proven out by the fact that certain 18" wheels meet requirements supplied by the aftermarket like Martian's MW -03's and T Sportline's offerings.

Unfortunately they are pricey and Not a style that is what look I want.

Trying to stay on a budget here and realize the wheels need to be rated for 1650 lbs. since the model Y is a heavy vehicle.
Have my own touchless rim clamp tire machine and electronic balancer and like to do my own work.

I have been trying to find some reasonably priced 5 spoke 18" x 8"-9" width wheels for winter snow tires to replace my 21" Ubers during winter months. We have pot holes and get lots of snow and ice. I don't want super wide 21" low profile snow tires for winter.

In fact it seems like a really bad choice for winter driving.

IMO a taller side wall narrower tire can be beneficial in the snow, hence the want of an 18" wheel and siped and studded tall side wall "Real" snow tire.

Wondering if DT has done any trial testing of the 5 spokes offered in the look up ap that might work for me- but may not be updated yet as fitting in the ap?? 5 x 4 1/2 / 114.3 mm lug pattern, 30-45mm positive offset. Fitting actually seems to come down to whether the rim clears the rear caliper with some space for sticky weights.
64.1 mm center hole ( adapter center rings OK if necessary for larger dimeter center hole).
Big believer in Hub centric mounting of All wheels.
Many newer Mustang compatible wheels seem like a good match as well but without a weight rating hard to confirm.

The thread below adds more uncertainty,

I get that DT does not want to add liability concerns but would Like to find some 5 spoke 18" wheels and go to a taller sidewall studded snow tire for the winter season.

With Tesla Likely to build well over 1 million Model Y's this year, aftermarket wheels that fit and meet weight specs, would seem like an expanding, great money maker market for an "On the ball" company.

Many Folks want something different wheel wise than Tesla's factory choices and hopefully the aftermarket will step in to fill the void with some more compatible and reasonably priced wheels with a wider style choice ie 5 spoke than what is available from the above mentioned suppliers (certainly no disrespect meant to them).

Sorry for the Long winded post.

We do have a Discount Tire about 50 miles away.
I shod the wife's 1974 AMX with Cooper Cobra's bought at the Hayden Idaho D T store a few years back ( you folks had the best price carry out- always looking for the best deal) and they are holding up great.
Thanks for reading this, and welcome any thoughts Discount Tire may have.

Last edited:
Good Afternoon Discount Tire,

Cool to see your a sponsored vendor here on TMC. I've been looking at getting a set of the GoodYear ElectricDrive Tires for my ModelY. When I put them in the cart on the website I'm given "Installation & Life of Tire Maintenance" and below that I'm offered "Protect my tires with certificates" for an extra charge. They look to offer the same benefits. What am I missing?

Thank you for the welcome and giving us a look for the new ElectricDrive tires @MYThunder! The Installation & Life of Tire Maintenance is separate from the optional Certificate for Repair, Refund or Replacement.

The Installation & Life of Tire Maintenance when purchasing new tires includes:

Labor
Valve stems OR tpms rebuild kits
Mounting
Balancing
Life of Tire Rotation
Life of Tire Balance
Prorated Road Hazard Protection

I'll add that air checks, ispections, and flat repairs are always FREE, regardless of where your tires were purchased!

The Certificate for Repair, Refund or Replacement is our optional tire protection program. The Certificate would replace the damaged tire (or tires) due to irreparable road hazard or defect,at no additional cost. See the link below for details.

Certificate for Refund, Repair or Replacement | Discount Tire

Last edited:
Mmm,

Maybe DT can help point me at some choices for my 2023 MYP.

When Tesla changed the rear calipers on the Performance model Y to match the LR Y, at least a few 18" wheels actually fit on the Performance model Y's.
This is proven out by the fact that certain 18" wheels meet requirements supplied by the aftermarket like Martian's MW -03's and T Sportline's offerings.

Unfortunately they are pricey and Not a style that is what look I want.

Trying to stay on a budget here and realize the wheels need to be rated for 1650 lbs. since the model Y is a heavy vehicle.
Have my own touchless rim clamp tire machine and electronic balancer and like to do my own work.

I have been trying to find some reasonably priced 5 spoke 18" x 8"-9" width wheels for winter snow tires to replace my 21" Ubers during winter months. We have pot holes and get lots of snow and ice. I don't want super wide 21" low profile snow tires for winter.

In fact it seems like a really bad choice for winter driving.

IMO a taller side wall narrower tire can be beneficial in the snow, hence the want of an 18" wheel and siped and studded tall side wall "Real" snow tire.

Wondering if DT has done any trial testing of the 5 spokes offered in the look up ap that might work for me- but may not be updated yet as fitting in the ap?? 5 x 4 1/2 / 114.3 mm lug pattern, 30-45mm positive offset. Fitting actually seems to come down to whether the rim clears the rear caliper with some space for sticky weights.
64.1 mm center hole ( adapter center rings OK if necessary for larger dimeter center hole).
Big believer in Hub centric mounting of All wheels.
Many newer Mustang compatible wheels seem like a good match as well but without a weight rating hard to confirm.

The thread below adds more uncertainty,

I get that DT does not want to add liability concerns but would Like to find some 5 spoke 18" wheels and go to a taller sidewall studded snow tire for the winter season.

With Tesla Likely to build well over 1 million Model Y's this year, aftermarket wheels that fit and meet weight specs, would seem like an expanding, great money maker market for an "On the ball" company.

Many Folks want something different wheel wise than Tesla's factory choices and hopefully the aftermarket will step in to fill the void with some more compatible and reasonably priced wheels with a wider style choice ie 5 spoke than what is available from the above mentioned suppliers (certainly no disrespect meant to them).

Sorry for the Long winded post.

We do have a Discount Tire about 50 miles away.
I shod the wife's 1974 AMX with Cooper Cobra's bought at the Hayden Idaho D T store a few years back ( you folks had the best price carry out- always looking for the best deal) and they are holding up great.
Thanks for reading this, and welcome any thoughts Discount Tire may have.

Thank you for the welcome @455dan! Glad to hear the store in Hayden got you taken care of with the Cooper Cobra tires; we appreciate your support!

As you mentioned, smaller diameter wheel applications are certainly a go to for winter tire/wheel combinations. I'm not aware of 18-inch wheel testing going on for the Model Y specifically. Appreciate you calling out that other thread though, as it sounds like a change may have been made somewhere along the way.

Happy to look further into this to see if there are any 18-inch options. I'll add that In addition to proper load capacity and width/offset, we do require at least 2mm of barrel and spoke clearance to ensure the wheel/s clear the brakes properly.

-UDPATE as of 2:21 PM MST-

I checked on the gross axle weight rating (GAWR) for the Model Y Performance and the heaviest axle is rated at 3,505 lbs, which means the minimum wheel load capacity is 1,825 lbs.

Last edited:
Thanks.
That higher axle/wheel rating is interesting .
Maybe needed for the rear axle when equipped with the hitch and towing at rated capacity?
Possibly my research was off on that requirement.
Don't tow or have a hitch but not ruling that out in the future.

OK 1825lb wheel rating- minimum.

So far I guess that leaves me with the 18" Method 502 Race wheels @~$1200 for four.
Not the price or look really desired, and they need a hub centric adaptor ring- but maybe what I end up with eventually.

Still have some time before winter so I will keep reading for now and maybe find a 5 spoke that is rated weight wise that fits the bill.

Thanks for checking for me and Welcome.

Yes please, if you find 18" wheels that meet weight / clearance specs and fit the model Y Performance please post them up. Have some time, Still months until winter arrives.

Thanks.
That higher axle/wheel rating is interesting .
Maybe needed for the rear axle when equipped with the hitch and towing at rated capacity?
Possibly my research was off on that requirement.
Don't tow or have a hitch but not ruling that out in the future.

OK 1825lb wheel rating- minimum.

So far I guess that leaves me with the 18" Method 502 Race wheels @~$1200 for four.
Not the price or look really desired, and they need a hub centric adaptor ring- but maybe what I end up with eventually.

Still have some time before winter so I will keep reading for now and maybe find a 5 spoke that is rated weight wise that fits the bill.

Thanks for checking for me and Welcome.

Yes please, if you find 18" wheels that meet weight / clearance specs and fit the model Y Performance please post them up. Have some time, Still months until winter arrives.

Absolutely, I'll continue checking into this!

Looks like the Tire Rack is listing 18-inch wheel fitments for you MYP - hopefully THIS LINK works on your end; which drills down to the 18-inch selection. The Enkei Victory may be an option to consider; which is a 5-spoke split style in 18x8 ET+40. Hub rings would be needed as the counterbore diameter is 72.6mm. Most aftermarket passenger car wheels will have a center bore diameter between 72.6 to 73mm.

Reactions: 455dan
Absolutely, I'll continue checking into this!

Looks like the Tire Rack is listing 18-inch wheel fitments for you MYP - hopefully THIS LINK works on your end; which drills down to the 18-inch selection. The Enkei Victory may be an option to consider; which is a 5-spoke split style in 18x8 ET+40. Hub rings would be needed as the counterbore diameter is 72.6mm. Most aftermarket passenger car wheels will have a center bore diameter between 72.6 to 73mm.
I like these. Good work.

Now does Tire Rack or the local Discount Tire (Hayden) match prices on advertised exact match sales?

I ask because, BB wheels has the same wheels in Anthracite with free shipping for $209.97 each plus tax..

If Discount Tire or Tire Rack can get them to me (shipped) price matched , I am willing to drive to the Hayden store to pick them up I will bite.

I take it stock wheel lug nuts from the Uberturbines will fit?

Also does Discount Tire carry the correct hub centric rings needed?

Sorry I am a bit on the bargain hunter side, always looking for the best deal.

Last edited:
I like these. Good work.

Now does Tire Rack or the local Discount Tire (Hayden) match prices on advertised exact match sales?

I ask because, BB wheels has the same wheels in Anthracite with free shipping for $209.97 each plus tax..

If Discount Tire or Tire Rack can get them to me (shipped) price matched , I am willing to drive to the Hayden store to pick them up I will bite.

I take it stock wheel lug nuts from the Uberturbines will fit?

Also does Discount Tire carry the correct hub centric rings needed?

Sorry I am a bit on the bargain hunter side, always looking for the best deal.

No need for apologies - happy to help!

Tire Rack currently does not price match, however our local stores, as well as Discount Tire Direct, will. We will beat competitors' delivered non-sale regular pricing (sale, clearance & closeout pricing not applicable). The retailer must be an authorized reseller of the product and selling it through their own, non-auction channel. Applies to In-Stock product only.

Factory lug hardware will not fit this Enkei wheel as the overall diameter is too large. The wheel will require aftermarket smaller diameter hardware, which we carry in stock. Hub rings are available as well, and if the store doesn't have the right size on hand, they can certainly order them.

Hope you don't mind me sending you a DM.

Just Wanted to Thank the Whole crew at Discount Tire on the Forum here at TeslaMotorClub for helping me find some Great split 5 spoke wheels for My 2023 Model Y Performance

Great price and service. was able to get the winter tires mounted up myself and short test drive with 255/55-18 studded Nokian Nordsman 7's I mounted these up and still need to clean the tires off.

Every thing Fits! and I Like these split 5 spoke Enkie Victory 18 x 8 wheels in Anthracite.

Traction on ice should be no problem and Plenty of sidewall for protecting the rim against curbing.

Thanks Again to the Great Crew at Discount Tires.

Attachments

• PXL_20230907_195829798.jpg
    PXL_20230907_195829798.jpg
    977.7 KB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20230907_195341615.jpg
    PXL_20230907_195341615.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20230907_195503418.jpg
    PXL_20230907_195503418.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20230907_194601073.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230907_194601073.MP.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20230907_195849285.jpg
    PXL_20230907_195849285.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Just Wanted to Thank the Whole crew at Discount Tire on the Forum here at TeslaMotorClub for helping me find some Great split 5 spoke wheels for My 2023 Model Y Performance

Great price and service. was able to get the winter tires mounted up myself and short test drive with 255/55-18 studded Nokian Nordsman 7's I mounted these up and still need to clean the tires off.

Every thing Fits! and I Like these split 5 spoke Enkie Victory 18 x 8 wheels in Anthracite.

Traction on ice should be no problem and Plenty of sidewall for protecting the rim against curbing.

Thanks Again to the Great Crew at Discount Tires.
Those look great on your Y!

Whoa! Did not know Discount owns TireRack.

Don't want to open a can of worms but I was a Discount Tire customer for as far back as I can remember (am 74), I can even remember when you started showing the tire through the window thank you commercials.

But for my last set (285/35 19 PS4S) I switched to Costco. The reason was 100% the warranty. Costco's was free and pro-rated. Discount Tire's were a significant cost and not prorated. And I have to assume the not prorated aspect drives the cost of the warranty WAY up. I don't want to pay for a possible windfall in case of a failure, just made whole. And have always heard some DT customers game the system by road hazarding their tires right about when they were worn out for free brand new tires.

I never used TireRack and haven't checked but if TireRack has pro-rated warranties, I will switch to them if local Discount Tires can mount, service.

Or if DT has some type of pro-rated warranty option I don't see, will switch back.

Reactions: brkaus
Hi DT. Quick question - I will be buying a set of new tires from DT for my Model Y. Can I supply my own TPMS sensors, like as in bring them with me and DT will install them? I want to buy the factory ones at $95 each instead of paying the $120 each for DT's.
Thanks.

Whoa! Did not know Discount owns TireRack.

Don't want to open a can of worms but I was a Discount Tire customer for as far back as I can remember (am 74), I can even remember when you started showing the tire through the window thank you commercials.

But for my last set (285/35 19 PS4S) I switched to Costco. The reason was 100% the warranty. Costco's was free and pro-rated. Discount Tire's were a significant cost and not prorated. And I have to assume the not prorated aspect drives the cost of the warranty WAY up. I don't want to pay for a possible windfall in case of a failure, just made whole. And have always heard some DT customers game the system by road hazarding their tires right about when they were worn out for free brand new tires.

I never used TireRack and haven't checked but if TireRack has pro-rated warranties, I will switch to them if local Discount Tires can mount, service.

Or if DT has some type of pro-rated warranty option I don't see, will switch back.

Yes sir, as of 2021 Tire Rack now falls under the Discount Tire umbrella. Any tire or wheel purchase made from Tire Rack can be shipped to a Discount Tire for installation, same Discount Tire installation charge applies 👍

I'm sorry to learn we were unable to earn your business on your last set of Michelin tires. We actually include FREE prorated road hazard protection with every tire purchase as well. My apologies this was never explained to you. The coverage that we charge for is our optional Certificates for Repair, Refund or Replacement, which is valid for 3 years or 3/32nds. This program is different in that if you damage a tire/s beyond repair due to road hazard, or if there is a manufacturer defect, the tire/s will be replaced at no additional cost.

Circling back to Tire Rack, while they do not include prorated road hazard protection, all their tires do come with FREE replacement road hazard coverage which is valid for 2 years of 2/32nds. It's important to note this coverage is facilitated via a 3rd party company.

Would love the opportunity to earn your business on the next set. Should you provide us that opportunity, please shoot a DM here on the forum and we'll make sure you're taken care of.

Hi DT. Quick question - I will be buying a set of new tires from DT for my Model Y. Can I supply my own TPMS sensors, like as in bring them with me and DT will install them? I want to buy the factory ones at $95 each instead of paying the $120 each for DT's.
Thanks.

Absolutely, your local store will be happy to install the TPMS sensors you carry in, for no additional charge.

With that being said though, I recommend reaching out to your local store before purchasing to see if they can price match. With the sensors being an apples to apples comparison, they should.

If we can help with the order when the time comes, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through DM!