Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Hello from Discount Tire!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes sir, as of 2021 Tire Rack now falls under the Discount Tire umbrella. Any tire or wheel purchase made from Tire Rack can be shipped to a Discount Tire for installation, same Discount Tire installation charge applies 👍

I'm sorry to learn we were unable to earn your business on your last set of Michelin tires. We actually include FREE prorated road hazard protection with every tire purchase as well. My apologies this was never explained to you. The coverage that we charge for is our optional Certificates for Repair, Refund or Replacement, which is valid for 3 years or 3/32nds. This program is different in that if you damage a tire/s beyond repair due to road hazard, or if there is a manufacturer defect, the tire/s will be replaced at no additional cost.

Circling back to Tire Rack, while they do not include prorated road hazard protection, all their tires do come with FREE replacement road hazard coverage which is valid for 2 years of 2/32nds. It's important to note this coverage is facilitated via a 3rd party company.

Would love the opportunity to earn your business on the next set. Should you provide us that opportunity, please shoot a DM here on the forum and we'll make sure you're taken care of.

Absolutely, your local store will be happy to install the TPMS sensors you carry in, for no additional charge.

With that being said though, I recommend reaching out to your local store before purchasing to see if they can price match. With the sensors being an apples to apples comparison, they should.

If we can help with the order when the time comes, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through DM!
Where does it say this on your website: " We actually include FREE prorated road hazard protection with every tire purchase as well." I have be going to Americas Tire for over 10 years and never saw anything regarding prorated protection unless you buy the certificates.

Where does it say this on your website: " We actually include FREE prorated road hazard protection with every tire purchase as well." I have be going to Americas Tire for over 10 years and never saw anything regarding prorated protection unless you buy the certificates.

We appreciate your long time patronage, Patrick!

Here's the link; the information is located in "Our Low Price Guarantee" landing page: Product Pricing Includes | America's Tire

Circling back to Tire Rack, while they do not include prorated road hazard protection, all their tires do come with FREE replacement road hazard coverage which is valid for 2 years of 2/32nds. It's important to note this coverage is facilitated via a 3rd party company.
Yeah. People have different needs. I have several vehicles and very low annual milage on them. The Costco warranty 5 years which the previous set of PS4S (bought from Discount Tire) had lasted almost that long due to the low milage. Maybe your warranties will change before I next need a set on one of my vehicles. I was always pleased with Discount Tires. As said a very long time customer. I'm pretty sure I even bought a set of HRE wheels from Discount Tire decades ago. Was interesting to see Gene Howald (the H in HRE) decide to offer a model thru a mainstream tire/wheel retailer. Long before he sold HRE to someone who turned it into a boutique wheel brand.

Reactions: Discount Tire
@Discount Tire - Does Michelin have a 30 day replacement guarantee? I bought Michelin PS4S and there weren't any acoustic versions in stock and I needed tires ASAP so I go the non-acoustic ones. On a lot roads the noise is incredibly bad to the point I can't live with them. I've maybe driving my Plaid 60 miles since putting them on and they have to go.

If there is a replacement guarantee, how do I go about getting them swapped out for the acoustic version? I bought them from my local DT store.

Thank you for choosing Discount Tire for your set of Michelin tires @DayTrippin! Absolutely, your local store would be happy to help facilitate the exchange, as long as all criteria is met.

Michelin offers a 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, you can find the details HERE. It's import to note that O.E tires are exclude.

I recommend setting up a consultation appointment with us HERE.

• Helpful
Reactions: SalisburySam
@Discount Tire

Not for my Tesla, but I have a '78 TransAm I ordered new and one of the ancient GoodYear WingFoots I bought from Discount Tires in the '80s has splt.

Would that be covered by warranty or good will gesture?

Just kidding of course.

But I do need to buy a new set of tires. I don't have a way to transport wheels and tires back and forth. from my nearby Discount Tire Store?

Are there any options for getting tires purchased from DT installed on the wheels (WS6 15"x8") other than renting a truck to hauls them both ways or flat-bedding the car? I might even be able to remove/mount that size myself if I could just get the new tires to me and worry about balancing after on the car. Or is sister brand Tire Rack the best route for the latter?

@Discount Tire

Not for my Tesla, but I have a '78 TransAm I ordered new and one of the ancient GoodYear WingFoots I bought from Discount Tires in the '80s has splt.

Would that be covered by warranty or good will gesture?

Just kidding of course.

But I do need to buy a new set of tires. I don't have a way to transport wheels and tires back and forth. from my nearby Discount Tire Store?

Are there any options for getting tires purchased from DT installed on the wheels (WS6 15"x8") other than renting a truck to hauls them both ways or flat-bedding the car? I might even be able to remove/mount that size myself if I could just get the new tires to me and worry about balancing after on the car. Or is sister brand Tire Rack the best route for the latter?

Disregard above post. Will order from sister Tire Rack after seeing free shipping.

Great questions, Hoosier - and it sounds like you're already on the path, but I do want to call out that our store by the Pavillions now offers mobile installation when purchasing new tires, for an additional charge.

Details: Mobile Installation | Discount Tire

If we can be of any assistance facilitating an order, please don't hesitate to shoot us a DM :cool:

Great questions, Hoosier - and it sounds like you're already on the path, but I do want to call out that our store by the Pavillions now offers mobile installation when purchasing new tires, for an additional charge.

Details: Mobile Installation | Discount Tire

If we can be of any assistance facilitating an order, please don't hesitate to shoot us a DM :cool:
Funny you should ask that. I saw that option on Tire Rack after my prior post and jumped on it. You can't imagine how much that helps for an immobile car.

Was kind of funny when survey asked what tires were on it now, all multiple choice. For some reason they didn't list WingFoots that have been discontinued for what, ~40 years! LoL And no, I have not been driving it on them.

And no existing tires now in this size with a speed rating above the one teens. I might be wrong but thought the WingFoots had a similar rating as the subsequent Gatorbacks. Those were the days.

Funny you should ask that. I saw that option on Tire Rack after my prior post and jumped on it. You can't imagine how much that helps for an immobile car.

Was kind of funny when survey asked what tires were on it now, all multiple choice. For some reason they didn't list WingFoots that have been discontinued for what, ~40 years! LoL And no, I have not been driving it on them.

And no existing tires now in this size with a speed rating above the one teens. I might be wrong but thought the WingFoots had a similar rating as the subsequent Gatorbacks. Those were the days.

Ah yes, the good ole, Gatorbacks!

Absolutely, the mobile solution is such a convenience. It books out though, which is the only downfall until the fleet builds out. Glad you found this option with the Tire Rack!

@Discount Tire since you folks sell TPMS I would assume your techs have TPMS relearning tools available, no? Or is the Tesla relearning process more complicated than most? When I asked at America's Tire in Sunnyvale, the guy who helped me had never heard of relearning tools.

After a previous tire replacement/rotation there, my sensors did not update to their new locations. I had to get them reset at a Tesla Service Center (for free, while I was there for something else). When I returned to Sunnyvale for a rotation, I was hoping to prevent a repeat of this situation, but as I said the counter guy didn't know anything about this. I went ahead and took the risk anyway, and now almost two months later my sensors still will not reset to their new locations.

A Tesla tech told me that if driving as recommended in the manual doesn't reset them, then there is no other way to fix it other than using a relearning tool. Next time I'm at one of your shops, can I get this done? Or is this only possible at a Tesla SC?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Thank you for reaching out @EV_Dad!

My apologies for the misinformation you received; we most definitely utilize TPMS Tools (commonly referred to as scan tools) at all of our store locations, primarily the Bartec 400P to 600 P tools,

If the vehicle we serviced is your MY LR, then no TPMS Tools should be required to execute a relearn procedure. I checked a few industry TPMS sources, and they all publish the same process: 1) Ensure the tires are inflated to the pressure indicated on the door placard 2) Drive the vehicle for a minimum 10 minutes above 15 MPH *sensors typically reset within 2 minutes* 3) Done

It's worth calling out that there are a couple mentions about charging cable placement. What I'm seeing is to avoid placing charging cables or charging devices near the center-console's card reader as these aftermarket devices may affect the TPMS reception

I haven't come across a procedure using a scan tool, speaking to when a automatic reset fails. This may be something the TSC needs to execute.

Hope you don't mind me sending you a DM regarding your visit.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Thanks @Discount Tire. Yes it was my Model Y, and as mentioned I did everything according to the manual. The TPMS signal is being received, and I see the tire pressures on my screen but they aren't resetting to their new locations. I assume it's a defect in my Model Y, but it would be nice if a relearning tool could be used after a rotation if the customer so requests. Thanks for the PM, I'll continue my reply there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Discount Tire
Thank you for giving our new store the opportunity to help with the rotation!

No instruction should be needed from your end. Our stores have best practices in place for lifting EV's and all lug nuts are hand torqued to the manufacturer's OE torque specifications. If you do have any concerns though, I would raise them with the team member you're working with at check-in, so that everyone is on the same page.

On a side note for those that may be unaware, rotation service is always FREE at Discount Tire for passenger cars and non-dually light trucks, regardless of where the tires were purchased or installed.
Hi Discount Tire! I had my tires rotated for the first time on my ‘23 Model 3 at the branch in Chico, CA where it is called America’s Tire and was a little disappointed to find the tire rotation service was not free like I’ve seen others post here that it is. Nevertheless, I still needed the rotation performed so I went ahead with the service and they did a great job! Is the free rotation only limited to stores specifically under the “Discount Tire” name?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Hi Discount Tire! I had my tires rotated for the first time on my ‘23 Model 3 at the branch in Chico, CA where it is called America’s Tire and was a little disappointed to find the tire rotation service was not free like I’ve seen others post here that it is. Nevertheless, I still needed the rotation performed so I went ahead with the service and they did a great job! Is the free rotation only limited to stores specifically under the “Discount Tire” name?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
I could be wrong but thought Discount Tire only rotated tires bought from them and even then, only every x miles.