Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Hello from Discount Tire!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aren't there 2 types of TPMS that will fit this car?
The original and the upgraded version (that also shows tire pressure on the display).

My 2012 MS P85 has the upgraded, so I have to be careful if/when replacing to get the correct one.

A separate question: Do you know if Toyo is going to make a Proxes that fits Model S but with the EV noise reduction foam?
I don't believe that is the case for the 2012-2013 year. In 2014 there was a sensor change mid year.

Not sure about the Proxes, but I'll ask our product team and will report back!

Hello Price, Jordan, Joe, and Matt,

I wanted to thank America's Tire below for their exceptional customer service, even during a hectic day when the parking lot was packed with cars, and there wasn't even space to move. I bought some aftermarket Martian Wheels MW05 to get tires mounted on my 23' MYP, and they went above and beyond the call of duty. Handled the tires with extreme care and diligence and mounted and balanced them perfectly. If anyone in the Torrance area is skeptical about letting a "Franchise" tire shop mount your wheels, ask for the reps below, and they will ensure you're taken care of!

America's Tire
22910 Hawthorne Blvd,
Torrance, CA 90505

Representatives: Jamar, Matt, Mike, and Joel

This is so great to hear and thank you for taking the time to share this. There's nothing better than coming into work and reading comments like this. We do our best to take care of our customers the way we prefer to be taken care of. Thank you for your business! I'll share your kudos with the store management team.

On a side note, we actually are not a franchise; we are independently owned and operated :cool:

America’s Tire has always been great to me. Glad you guys are here.

Thank you for the kind words; we greatly appreciate your continued support!

Reactions: cpaull
Awesome :)
@Discount Tire So can America's Tire shop take care of the Tire rack tire 2 yr road hazard warranty if needed?
We appreciate the sentiment!

TR currently utilizes a third party road hazard program. That being said, any of our store locations will be happy to help streamline the claims process, with the proper documentation, through the TR claims portal.

@Discount Tire any chance you guys can help this guy out? It seems he has hit a wall:

Thank you for sharing @MP3Mike. Social Media is outside our wheelhouse here on the forums, but I'll relay this to our social team to take appropriate action.

Reactions: whisperingshad
Last week, this tire had a 45,000 warranty. This week non of the tires recommended for my Model Y have a milage warranty. Is that a mistake?

I simply clicked refresh to see stock.

1688949622777.png

Reactions: Discount Tire
Price, Jordan, Joe and Matt:
I went to the my local Discount Tire to get my TPMS sensors replaced in my 2012 Model S. (433MHZ system) back in March 2023.
From the info I could research, along with what recommended for the correct sensor at DT, they installed BHS UV4040 TQ40 Red 433 INTLSNS.
(I believe these are HUF sensors part #1010938-00-B).

They were unable to get them to sync to the car. They spent about an hour trying, but no success.

What can be done?

-Tim
Hello, if your tpms sensors are baolong like the original sensors that came in the car you have to either find those baolong sensors which are difficult or upgrade your entire model S to a conti 2 system which would need to be done at a tesla service center. I hope this helps.

had great service at your Lake Forest (CA) shop with my D's Audi. Will be giving them a call when I need to replace my Model 3 Contis. I sure wish Mich made the EV tire at 19".

That's great to hear; we appreciate your support! If we can help when the time comes, don't hesitate to shoot us a DM here on the forum.

Last week, this tire had a 45,000 warranty. This week non of the tires recommended for my Model Y have a milage warranty. Is that a mistake?

I simply clicked refresh to see stock.

View attachment 954780

Thank you for pointing this out; definitely a glitch on the site. It seems the mileage warranty information disappears once any vehicle is selected.

The MIchelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 in the 255/45R-19 size does carry a 45K mileage warranty as outlined in the Michelin Brand Mileage Treadwear Warranties.

I'll share this with our web team; my apologies for the confusion!

Reactions: fholbert
Thank you for giving our new store the opportunity to help with the rotation!

No instruction should be needed from your end. Our stores have best practices in place for lifting EV's and all lug nuts are hand torqued to the manufacturer's OE torque specifications. If you do have any concerns though, I would raise them with the team member you're working with at check-in, so that everyone is on the same page.

On a side note for those that may be unaware, rotation service is always FREE at Discount Tire for passenger cars and non-dually light trucks, regardless of where the tires were purchased or installed.
FREE rotation regardless of purchase point???? I'm sold! Just got a used M3 and tires look great, mostly new, but no clue when last rotated. Gonna sign up for appt today.

Price, Jordan, Joe and Matt:
I went to the my local Discount Tire to get my TPMS sensors replaced in my 2012 Model S. (433MHZ system) back in March 2023.
From the info I could research, along with what recommended for the correct sensor at DT, they installed BHS UV4040 TQ40 Red 433 INTLSNS.
(I believe these are HUF sensors part #1010938-00-B).

They were unable to get them to sync to the car. They spent about an hour trying, but no success.

What can be done?

-Tim
Update:

Unbelievable.
After 3 months of hitting the "TPMS Rest" button every time I drive the S, and then having it come back 5-10 minutes later stating there is an error...
This morning, I get in the car to go to DT, I got a message that the TPMS had been successfully reset.
I am grateful, but dumbstruck that after all this time, the day I go in to get it looked at by a fellow Tesla guy at DT, today it finally resets.

Background:
Matt had reached out to me through DM to work my issue.
He researched local South Seattle DTs that I could go to and found out the the Mgr at the Renton Village location off of Grady Way in Renton, Tom, drives a Tesla and felt that he probably could resolve it.
What a great guy! We talked Teslas and tires for about 20 minutes.
His store, and where ever he moves to, will be my DT place.

-Tim

A separate question: Do you know if Toyo is going to make a Proxes that fits Model S but with the EV noise reduction foam?

Thank you for your patience with this one. Our product team was unable to determine if Toyo will be offering a Proxes model with noise reduction inner liner. I reached out to Toyo customer service directly as well, and the CSR did not have any insight.

FREE rotation regardless of purchase point???? I'm sold! Just got a used M3 and tires look great, mostly new, but no clue when last rotated. Gonna sign up for appt today.

Congratulations on the new to you Model 3! We look forward to getting you taken care of with the rotation!

Update:

Unbelievable.
After 3 months of hitting the "TPMS Rest" button every time I drive the S, and then having it come back 5-10 minutes later stating there is an error...
This morning, I get in the car to go to DT, I got a message that the TPMS had been successfully reset.
I am grateful, but dumbstruck that after all this time, the day I go in to get it looked at by a fellow Tesla guy at DT, today it finally resets.

Background:
Matt had reached out to me through DM to work my issue.
He researched local South Seattle DTs that I could go to and found out the the Mgr at the Renton Village location off of Grady Way in Renton, Tom, drives a Tesla and felt that he probably could resolve it.
What a great guy! We talked Teslas and tires for about 20 minutes.
His store, and where ever he moves to, will be my DT place.

-Tim

Wow! That's incredible! Glad to here the system is back to working order for you.

Thanks for all your patience through this and if you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to us here on the forum. I'll be sure to relay your kinds words over to Tom.

DT has taken care of me for years and does a great job on my Teslas in Katy, TX. They know their products and service well.

Thank you for sharing @Viperhawke - your continued support is greatly appreciated!

Another fan here. Your company has helped me many times throughout my several vehicles ownership. Today, I’d like to share my praise for the Discount Tire operation in Salisbury, North Carolina. Friendly, courteous, very knowledgeable, totally helpful, fast, and my choice for all tire-related concerns. Job very well done!

Right on! Thank you for the shout out to our store in Salisbury, NC! I'll share your kudos with the management team at the store.

Thanks for the response, and thanks for the great service I have received from the local America's Tire.

My pleasure, and thank you for your business!

On a side note, had you heard Toyo would be introducing acoustic material into a Proxes tire model? If so, do you recall the source?

My pleasure, and thank you for your business!

On a side note, had you heard Toyo would be introducing acoustic material into a Proxes tire model? If so, do you recall the source?

No, I had not heard anything specific. I had my current set of Proxes installed at America's Tire. The price/performance of the Toyos is perfect for my usage and was hoping that, when I was ready for my next set, there would be a version with the acoustic dampening. Just wishful thinking on my part.

No, I had not heard anything specific. I had my current set of Proxes installed at America's Tire. The price/performance of the Toyos is perfect for my usage and was hoping that, when I was ready for my next set, there would be a version with the acoustic dampening. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Understood, and if this ever does occur, we'll do our best to provide an update!

Hello DT. I’m picking up my 2023 Model Y LR with 19 inch wheels tomorrow. I’m in Michigan and am needing snow tires. I see you have a Troy, MI location. What are my options for snow tires? Is it better to just get a different set of wheels and tpms or just swap the tires each time? Cost for each option? Also what can do your for storage? Also any tire recommendations?

Thanks!