Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello, I need feedbacks from owners with N2itive kit installed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I need some feedbacks from people with N2itive kit installed.
Does your car get louder with street noise after the installation?
Also, does the quality of drive get worse?
I had mine installed last month. However, after the installation, the road noise is so much louder than before. Not sure it is because my car is lower to the ground or not. Also, the quality of drive is so much worse. I can feel every pot holes on the street, any imperfection of the road surface. The suspension feels worse than a 2020 model Y even though I set it in Comfort mode.
Is this normal? Should I have a second opinion from another shop? As a side note, one of the lower link broke in half about 5 days after installation, which required my car to be towed to the shop.
Are there different settings for model X when installing the kit? I mean my car can be different from another model X with the kit, or all should be the same.
Please share your opinion. Thank you.

I just got a set installed and dont notice any additional noises. It does ride a bit rougher, but I also had them set the "low" height as if it was on "very low". As you go lower, the ride quality will deteriorate some. I have a 2016 P90d.

Besides prolonging the half shaft and tire wear, it looks much better without the big gap even on factory "low"

I just got a set installed and dont notice any additional noises. It does ride a bit rougher, but I also had them set the "low" height as if it was on "very low". As you go lower, the ride quality will deteriorate some. I have a 2016 P90d.

Besides prolonging the half shaft and tire wear, it looks much better without the big gap even on factory "low"

Pics?

Here you go. The front has always sat a little lower than the rears. Not sure if this was normal. Camber is -0.1 and 0.7 in the rear.

image0.jpeg

Reactions: towndrunk
Well, I don't know my Camber number because I had mine done at a shop and those people did not tell me. Here is a screen shot of the suspension information while in park. Please tell me if it means anything.
The road noise is definitely louder from the wheels and the floor. The rebounding of the suspension when we run over potholes is almost non-existent.

Attachments

• 20231209_224534.jpg
    20231209_224534.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 40

So, maybe a dumb question...

For stock MX, the ride in "low" height is less rough than "very low", in large part due to greater play/travel of the suspension (at least that's my assumption).

With these installed, isn't it tricking the MX into thinking the car is set at "low" when it's really set at "very low"? So, does the MX have the same amount of suspension travel, but at "very low" setting? Or am I thinking about this all wrong?

So, maybe a dumb question...

For stock MX, the ride in "low" height is less rough than "very low", in large part due to greater play/travel of the suspension (at least that's my assumption).

With these installed, isn't it tricking the MX into thinking the car is set at "low" when it's really set at "very low"? So, does the MX have the same amount of suspension travel, but at "very low" setting? Or am I thinking about this all wrong?
You are correct, the lowering links trick the MX to extend the life of the half-shafts at the expense of a rougher ride.