Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

N2itive’s Alignment Kit 1 vs. Unplugged Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on the fence of getting either N2itive's Alignment Kit 1 or Unplugged Performance adjustable rear camber arm set and their lowering kit to proactively reduce/prevent front end shudder/inner tire wear on my new '23 Model X LR. Tesla still hasn't fixed the half shaft issue.

Anyone have experience with either one of these?
Price wise, N2itive is little bit cheaper and there are way more reviews about N2itive than Unplugged Performance for this specific mod. I know Unplugged Performance as a brand and all things Tesla performance mods are top notch. But for this specific mod, I read way more people installing N2itive alignment kit than Unplugged Performance's rear camber arm set.

The N2itive alignment kit 1 comes with lowering links (they have alignment kit 2 which doesn't), making the comparison not apples to apples to begin with. The lowering links are to prevent the shudder caused by premature half shaft wear. It is worth noting that lowering links will make the ride more stiff at the low settings because they actually change where the height is set on the air suspension manipulating the sensors vs changing howe the suspension is connected. That having been said, in response to a question I asked before getting an alignment kit, the last person I spoke to at the service center told me that the wheels have to be taken off to align the Teslas (S & X) with aftermarket alignment kits (seemed to be implied to be true across brands). Since then, N2itive released the newer version of their alignment kit 1, and I found someone willing to install it, so I obtained it hoping maybe that wouldn't be true for such a major revision. After getting it re-aligned myself because I determined that the shop that installed it didn't have it aligned properly, the local performance shop that aligned it for me told me they had to take the wheels off after alignment in order to get the clamps pointing down as per the instructions (to prevent some sort of damage in a scenario where you bottom out). Comparing pictures of the N2itive kit with the unplugged kit, that might not be necessary on the unplugged kit (I don't see clamps sticking out). However, with no experience re: the unplugged kit, I must say that doesn't necessarily mean that the unplugged kit can be aligned without any need for wheel removal (because the person at the service center wasn't so detailed). I should also point out that, for all I know, the shop that did my install put the new kit on backwards (it is supposed to go on the opposite way of the original kit, and I don't remember if I verified that they got that right when I switched from my snows for Spring and determined they didn't have the alignment done properly [clamps were NOT pointing down]).

Reactions: skytom88
I have Unplugged installed. I like them better than N2itive because there is just milled and threaded parts, think they are more reliable. N2itive may be have welded parts, I am not sure. They are a more complex design.
You do'nt need to take off the wheel again to adjust, but be sure to have the adjusting part towards the wheel, otherwise the height will be changed.

Reactions: uxixu and skytom88
The N2itive alignment kit 1 comes with lowering links (they have alignment kit 2 which doesn't), making the comparison not apples to apples to begin with. The lowering links are to prevent the shudder caused by premature half shaft wear. It is worth noting that lowering links will make the ride more stiff at the low settings because they actually change where the height is set on the air suspension manipulating the sensors vs changing howe the suspension is connected. That having been said, in response to a question I asked before getting an alignment kit, the last person I spoke to at the service center told me that the wheels have to be taken off to align the Teslas (S & X) with aftermarket alignment kits (seemed to be implied to be true across brands). Since then, N2itive released the newer version of their alignment kit 1, and I found someone willing to install it, so I obtained it hoping maybe that wouldn't be true for such a major revision. After getting it re-aligned myself because I determined that the shop that installed it didn't have it aligned properly, the local performance shop that aligned it for me told me they had to take the wheels off after alignment in order to get the clamps pointing down as per the instructions (to prevent some sort of damage in a scenario where you bottom out). Comparing pictures of the N2itive kit with the unplugged kit, that might not be necessary on the unplugged kit (I don't see clamps sticking out). However, with no experience re: the unplugged kit, I must say that doesn't necessarily mean that the unplugged kit can be aligned without any need for wheel removal (because the person at the service center wasn't so detailed). I should also point out that, for all I know, the shop that did my install put the new kit on backwards (it is supposed to go on the opposite way of the original kit, and I don't remember if I verified that they got that right when I switched from my snows for Spring and determined they didn't have the alignment done properly [clamps were NOT pointing down]).
Thanks for the details. Unplugged Performance "lowering kit" is similar to the lowering links on N2itive alignment kit 1 or at least I believe they serve the same purpose, lowering the car by one setting in air suspension so I think they are comparable.

I have Unplugged installed. I like them better than N2itive because there is just milled and threaded parts, think they are more reliable. N2itive may be have welded parts, I am not sure. They are a more complex design.
You do'nt need to take off the wheel again to adjust, but be sure to have the adjusting part towards the wheel, otherwise the height will be changed.
I'm not very knowledgeable in this area so can you point me to which UP kit I would need for a 2023 MXP?

Not sure the pros/cons of both, but my buddy is an ex-Tesla Tech with his own shop now and installs the N2ITIVE parts all the time.

Alignment Kit 1 is what I'm eyeing for my soon to be 2023 Model X LR. Don't think you can go wrong with UP, they make nice stuff but IMO a bit overpriced.

Anyone have experience, or considering the Mountain Pass Performance kit, to address the rear tire camber adjustment? They seem to have a different approach than both Unplugged Performance and N2itive, going with adjustable lower control arms instead.

Based on this quick presentation by MPP, it seems like they're easier to adjust without taking the wheels off. However, because there are 2 adjustable arms, it seems to give more adjustment capability but at the same time maybe more involved in the adjustment during alignment.

No, the adjustable camber only addresses the inner rear tire wear issue.

My understanding from reading is that the shudder issue is caused by the ride height affecting the draft shaft. The "fix" for that was to set the default air suspension level to low or very low. I believe Telsa's software has defaulted to the low setting now for the X when on the freeway. N2itive sells the lower links, which essentially tricks the car into thinking that each setting level is lower than each of it's relative factory setting. And so thus allows you go lower than very low for a slammed look. I wasn't looking for that, so decided not to get the N2itive lowering links as I have set my driving profile to low, as well as my wife's driving profile. I've disabled the setting for Comfort/Auto when on AutoPilot as well, as that may raise the suspension on rougher roads. Hopefully that will prevent the shudder issue in the long run. 🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: theslimshadyist
No, the adjustable camber only addresses the inner rear tire wear issue.

My understanding from reading is that the shudder issue is caused by the ride height affecting the draft shaft. The "fix" for that was to set the default air suspension level to low or very low. I believe Telsa's software has defaulted to the low setting now for the X when on the freeway. N2itive sells the lower links, which essentially tricks the car into thinking that each setting level is lower than each of it's relative factory setting. And so thus allows you go lower than very low for a slammed look. I wasn't looking for that, so decided not to get the N2itive lowering links as I have set my driving profile to low, as well as my wife's driving profile. I've disabled the setting for Comfort/Auto when on AutoPilot as well, as that may raise the suspension on rougher roads. Hopefully that will prevent the shudder issue in the long run. 🤞
Ah, ok then I misunderstood. I was thinking that you had the following kit.

Just got the N2itive Tartan SX-P2 adjustable rear upper control arms installed today and alignment with suspension setting at low.

Fyi, the natural anodized finish really does look OEM compared to the Tesla upper control arms. The matte red would have looked nice too, but considering that I'm not planning on doing any more suspension mods than I need to, I think this will keep everything looking standard (especially if I need to take it any for any Tesla service, less noticeable)

Got the latest N2ITIVE RSX-3 links the other day.

IMG_9844.jpeg
IMG_9845.jpeg

These new ones are now clip-less…just need my X now. 😬

View attachment 986258 View attachment 986259

So what's the latest on your suspension upgrades?

What would you do differently?

It looks like I won't be taking delivery of my PX until at least Feb. I already have Blox Racing lowering links, and red (thicker) rear camber shims from Thadeus Strong on FaceBook. I'm worried if I drop one inch, I may not have enough correction available for rear toe and may need adjustable rear toe arms, which I've only seen available separately from UPP. I had hoped I wouldn't need them. The UPP rear sway arm is still on my radar.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
We have installed both of them, they both function very well. The key is Alignment. Ask Don of N2itive for their specs (i think they have it on-line as well). and with unplugged just ask any of their service adviser for availability. With N2itive It's a little harder to align. and if you don't mind paying a little more you can go for unplugged. Again, they both work great.

View attachment 986258 View attachment 986259

Soooo finally got around to having my V3 N2ITIVE lowering links installed on my 2023 LR Refresh X.

The links I have set at -4 (front) -6 (rear) currently to balance out the ride height… it’s still a little higher in the rear unloaded.

Initially found the standard -5 front a little too low and added a noticeable ride hop and extra firmness so dialed it down a notch.

Pretty tucked in the front especially at Very Low with the weak factory wheel offsets. Looking to go aftermarket 20”s in the spring. 🤞🏻

*Before (OEM Low) and After (Links Installed) 😎

1705593857902.png

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpeg
    IMG_0324.jpeg
    483.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0327.jpeg
    IMG_0327.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 51