Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Can not lock the car with my card.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! My Tesla did not lock today. I tried to reset the car, it didn’t work. I can drive (card works) There are two alerts in service mode:

VCSEC_a201_leftEndpointLostComm
The security controller did not receive event for more than 10 seconds from the left endpoint.

VCSEC_a203_rearEndpointLostComm
The security controller did not receive event for more than 10 seconds from the rear endpoint.

Does anybody have idea?

Lock the doors manually as you exit the Tesla Model Y. After the passengers exit, open the driver's door. Tap the lock icon on the screen and the Tesla Model Y will lock as soon as you close the driver's door (assuming your phone is not inside the vehicle.) Also, the Tesla voice command "Lock [the] Doors" will also cause the doors to lock.

Lock the doors manually as you exit the Tesla Model Y. After the passengers exit, open the driver's door. Tap the lock icon on the screen and the Tesla Model Y will lock as soon as you close the driver's door (assuming your phone is not inside the vehicle.) Also, the Tesla voice command "Lock [the] Doors" will also cause the doors to lock.
Thank you! I tried with open window, it locked but I couldn’t open with card.

Thank you! I tried with open window, it locked but I couldn’t open with card.
Try turning Bluetooth on your phone off for a minute (on an iPhone you can turn on Airplane mode, then turn off Airplane mode.) If this does not work then try rebooting your phone.

The key card should always unlock the driver's door if you hold the key card in the correct position on the B pillar (about 2/3rds down.)

Try turning Bluetooth on your phone off for a minute (on an iPhone you can turn on Airplane mode, then turn off Airplane mode.) If this does not work then try rebooting your phone.

The key card should always unlock the driver's door if you hold the key card in the correct position on the B pillar (about 2/3rds down.)
It seems to me that reader doesn’t work

Attachments

• IMG_7630.jpeg
    IMG_7630.jpeg
    402.6 KB · Views: 95
On a number of occasions when my phone was not recognized by my 2020 LRMY, the key card always worked to unlock and start the Model Y. The key card does not rely on BT.
While that is true, I think the OP's issue is the opposite.

There might be a fault in the door pillar sensor that won't recognize the key card.

I agree with @zoomer0056 that a service appointment is in order.

Reactions: jjrandorin
While that is true, I think the OP's issue is the opposite.

There might be a fault in the door pillar sensor that won't recognize the key card.

I agree with @zoomer0056 that a service appointment is in order.
Then the phone key should enable locking, unlocking the Tesla vehicle by walking up to the vehicle or using the Tesla app.

What is the model year? It could be caused by a failing 12V lead-acid battery.

Then the phone key should enable locking, unlocking the Tesla vehicle by walking up to the vehicle or using the Tesla app.
The OP never mentioned using a phone key... could be they don't have one. My brother, as it turns out, is completely clueless on how to use his iphone, despite having gone through multiple generations of them (doesn't know how to download an app, say to check-in for a flight), so wouldn't surprise me if some folks don't have/use a smartphone for phone key... as odd as it is.

In the initial post, they said something about the card working to drive. I assume, based on the fact they're taking about trying to lock the door with the card, that they meant it at least works there, even though they couldn't lock the door with the card. Rather than assuming a phone key didn't work.