Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help evaluating a 2014 MS 85 with 68k miles and advert says "free lifetime supercharge"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2014 Model S 85D that I'm selling as I have a new MY on order. A Tesla rep just told me that Tesla no longer honors transfer of my lifetime free Supercharging to a new owner. I immediately stripped it from my ad to sell the car. Does anyone know what is going on? Wa

I own a 2014 Model S with free lifetime Supercharging that I'm trying to sell as I have a new Y on order. A Tesla rep on their toll free line just told me that I cannot transfer the free lifetime Supercharging to a new owner. WTF? Is this rep uninformed? Can Tesla get away with this?
There is currently a special promotion that you can transfer the free lifetime supercharging from your current car to a new Model S, X, or Y if you take delivery by the end of the year. If you do this, then the free supercharging gets stripped off of the original car. To do this there is a special agreement you need to file with Tesla. Is there any chance you are doing, or have discussed this with the Tesla owner rep? If the Tesla rep thinks you are intending to do this, then the information they provided to you is correct.

Reactions: dbldwn02