Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help getting EV Chargers listed on Airbnb and VRBO/HomeAway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a Tesla owner who loves to travel AND a vacation rental owner with the only EV charger in the area, I notice that there is no easy way to find vacation rentals with chargers. So I contacted both Airbnb and HomeAway in May of 2019 and requested that they add a category of amenities for EV Chargers.
  • Airbnb thanked me for the input, suggested I mention it in the description, and re-submit my feedback at https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback.
  • HomeAway sent me a super brief message on Facebook Messenger that they would forward it to their product team.
Nothing has happened since, and I have no idea what level of priority this has been given. I don't think these companies realize how important it is for EV owners' trip planning.

Can some of you please do what I did and contact these companies and request to list "EV Charger" as an amenity?

Thanks!

Done. Template:

Hi:
I own a Tesla (electric vehicle) and am planning a road trip. It would be really useful if you had an "EV Charging" listing category by which travellers could sort. For me, such a category would be a high priority in my searches.

It would look like this:

EV charging is:
available __ YES
included __ YES
__ Tesla
__ J-1772
__ NEMA 14-50 socket
__ 120V socket
__ other: _______________

Done. Template:

Hi:
I own a Tesla (electric vehicle) and am planning a road trip. It would be really useful if you had an "EV Charging" listing category by which travellers could sort. For me, such a category would be a high priority in my searches.

It would look like this:

EV charging is:
available __ YES
included __ YES
__ Tesla
__ J-1772
__ NEMA 14-50 socket
__ 120V socket
__ other: _______________
That’s fantastic!

You are absolutely right that we need to differentiate between charging options. 120V may be a nice gesture, but not really practical when exploring the area. Knowing what to prepare for would certainly help.

I opted for a JuiceBox with J1772 connectors as the most universal option.

Last edited: