Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help ID this Piece

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
I was exchanging the rear USB hub for USB-C a couple days ago and found this piece on the car floor underneath the USB/vent. Does it belong to the vent or the Tesla ?

IMG_20200926_115949.jpg IMG_20200926_120006.jpg IMG_20200926_120025.jpg IMG_20200926_120052.jpg

^^^ Thanks !

Disassembly was needed but that was a whole lot easier this time around. I've grown to like the Tesla clamps now that I know to give some support to the plastic as I pull. Less gut wrenching noise.

Last edited:
I should clarify -- in retrospect, this piece fell out when I was threading a cable from the 12v up to the front tray, not from the rear vent swap.
Were you able to route the cable into the front tray and keep it hidden?

I've done this in the past and have routed the cable under the side cover of the center console but where it lands under the charging pad area I can see part of the cable still. Same for you?

Were you able to route the cable into the front tray and keep it hidden?

I've done this in the past and have routed the cable under the side cover of the center console but where it lands under the charging pad area I can see part of the cable still. Same for you?
I'm not able to visualize what you did, but in my case the cable is hidden. I drilled a hole in the plastic to route the cable from the side to under the phone tray. The cable then follows the same path as the old cable.

For me the tricky part was finding a right-angled USB-C connector of the same dimensions as the old cable so that it seated nicely in the tray.