Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

help me decide which Signature wheels, please!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm usually not this indecisive, but could really use some opinions here. My car is a 2021 LR, white / black. I usually put gray or black wheels on my white cars but may be in the mood to switch it up. The car is a daily driver in Minnesota but I will keep the aeros with snow tires for the winter. I will be lowering on MPP comfort adjustable coil-overs when I put the wheels on this spring. Here are the options I'm considering:

Design - SV502 or SV503
Color - Royal gold with black lugs, matte black with silver lugs, brushed black triple tinted with silver lugs
Size - 19x8.5 or 19x9.5 square with staggered offsets
Tire size - 235/40 on the 8.5 or 265/35 on the 9.5
Tires - PS4S, Conti ExtremeContact, Ventus S1 EVO3 (Tesla foam version)

Kudos to @2018M3 for sharing lots of pics of his SV503 in brushed black triple tinted, great looking setup. Jamie shared the below pics with me of a white Model S with royal gold wheels as well to complicate matters.

royalgold1.jpg
royalgold2.jpg

Triple-tinted black is glossy, has a greyish tint in some light. Love the color. Of those tire/wheel size choices, I’d go 19x9.5 with staggered offsets and 265/35. Here’s 20x9.5 with 255/35/20.

Thanks @Gimmethecash, nice pics. Why would you recommend the wider setup, just aesthetics? I haven't found the car limited for grip, but I didn't get to drive it in decent weather for long before winter hit and I had to put the snows on. I'm trying to find a pic of "Brushed Smoke Tinted" but the triple tinted black is clearly the favorite judging from the Signature flickr gallery.

Reactions: Gimmethecash
Upvote 0
Thanks @Gimmethecash, nice pics. Why would you recommend the wider setup, just aesthetics? I haven't found the car limited for grip, but I didn't get to drive it in decent weather for long before winter hit and I had to put the snows on. I'm trying to find a pic of "Brushed Smoke Tinted" but the triple tinted black is clearly the favorite judging from the Signature flickr gallery.
On a white car I would do matte black or triple tinted black. The triple tinted you can see the machining of the wheel through the finish so far away it looks sorta like gloss but up close it’s very detailed. That’s why this finish is very popular.
4EA550CF-1520-41A7-8A5A-491794669EAB.jpeg

Upvote 0
Thanks and yes, wider just for aesthetics - you won’t get more grip from wider tires, just better cooling and a little longer wear, not really any performance benefit on the street. You need a stickier rubber compound if grip is the goal.

Reactions: atmorris8
Upvote 0