Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me identify this popping/creaking!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone can help me or give me an idea of where this sound might be coming from, I would greatly appreciate it! It happens when I hit bumps or turns (sometimes). Sounds like it is coming from glovebox area/passenger door but I know sounds can be deceiving. You hear it clear towards the end of the video, my seat squeaks when it runs against the center console so disregard the squeaky boot sound, just listen for the tapping/clunk.

Solution
I am picking the car up today they say it is ready. I will let you guys know if the sound is no longer present out of curiosity.
attaching the service invoice for parts they replaced to correct that noise I posted in the video.
IMG_7734.PNG
Not a sound I'm familiar with. It sounds open air (not coming from inside something) which is weird. But that could be an illusion. I assume you've already secured the seat belt buckles and emptied everything out of all the center console compartments as well as the glove box.

One thing to check might be the center compartment drawers. Are they loose? I have the old center console. Can't tell from the brief look at the start of the video whether you also have it. I had a problem with the wireless phone charger access door squeaking, especially in cold weather, though I don't think it ever knocked against the side of the console.

Other common sources of trouble are the door interior trim (especially the cargo pocket, where the two pieces of plastic meet) and the seat belt adjustment slider.

Best bet would be to have someone ride with you and have them move their head around and push on stuff to isolate the sound. Good luck.

Tesla Model 3 Rattle Fixes – Tesla Model 3 Wiki

New Model 3 - Rattling / Noise Issues

Upvote 0
I have been poking around and checked a lot of what you listed, everything appears to be good. I have potentially pinpointed it to the front passenger side tire A arm. I reached my hand under and kind of wiggled it and it made that sound sort of. When i sit in the car and bounce on it with my weight I hear nothing, its only when im moving and either turning or hitting bumps. I wonder if there is a known fix for this or more major?

Upvote 0
I have been poking around and checked a lot of what you listed, everything appears to be good. I have potentially pinpointed it to the front passenger side tire A arm. I reached my hand under and kind of wiggled it and it made that sound sort of. When i sit in the car and bounce on it with my weight I hear nothing, its only when im moving and either turning or hitting bumps. I wonder if there is a known fix for this or more major?
Sure sounds suspension related to me. I'd put in a service request. Include the video.

Upvote 0

Any aftermarket suspension?

Upvote 0
I placed a service request for this coming monday, will keep you guys posted. I have requested it under warranty. It appears to have gotten way worse in the rain as well. does it constantly now over every bump or driveway.
It probably will be covered, but just be aware that they might send you an estimate - they tend to do that, even for warranty repairs.

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
Upvote 0