Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help. Placed order and I'M TOO EXCITED

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Setup and install home charging equipment before delivery.
Recommend setting up 240v 14-50 outlet at your home, then use the mobile charger that comes with your car to charge everyday.
The $500 Gen 3 Wall charger has way too many problems now to be recommended.
Have 2 level 2 chargers already installed since I been driving around a Honda Clarity EV lease past 3 years. I assume I get an adapter to use same plug into Tesla

Why would you want to?

To OP: try 3 or 4 espressos. You may still be jittery, but you can blame the coffee.
You could get lucky and get your VIN 4 days after ordering, and delivery 4 days after that. This is not fiction. It happened to me.
That did happen to me. I ordered on the 5th and got a VIN on the 8th and could have scheduled delivery within the next few days.

I wasn't ready to take delivery THAT fast either cause I had to get financing in place. I got the VIN un-assigned and luckily, they announced refresh. Now I'm ready to take it as soon as possible but gotta wait.

Gotta wait for the best things in life, I suppose...

Delivery estimate is Early November - End of November and I can't wait!!!

What can I do to pass the time?!
How do I stop reading every new Model 3 post on this forum?!
How do I stop looking at my reservation even though there's literally no change to expect?!
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY LIFE FOR THE NEXT MONTH!!!!

Anyways, yeah, I'm jus excited and can't wait to get my car.

How did you guys get through the wait from placing order to getting VIN to getting delivery?
Dunno. My painful wait was 4 months, and I've put that memory in a deep dark place so I'll never have to remember it again. I'm now waiting for a Cybertruck, but I've got a Model 3 to tide me over. Far more pleasant a wait.

Dunno. My painful wait was 4 months, and I've put that memory in a deep dark place so I'll never have to remember it again. I'm now waiting for a Cybertruck, but I've got a Model 3 to tide me over. Far more pleasant a wait.
No way I could handle 4 months of this.

Wish they could somehow assign a car as it goes into production and you can track and follow the progress as it's built and shipped.

Reactions: KenC
After having driven a combined 70,000+ miles across three Teslas, including coast-to-coast drives, I'll emphasize it never gets old. Be sure to check out the SpaceX Hawthorne Supercharger in your area.

You have a lot to look forward to.

I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas for accessories. My suggestions:
  • PPF protection wrap for the door sill trim
  • Tesla lettering on the trunk from Abstract Ocean (my preferred vendor - incredible customer service, amazing selection, great prices. Their site is a good way to pass the time)
  • Brighter LEDs for your interior lights
  • Screen protector for the 15" screen
  • Lloyds Luxe Mats if you like plush carpets
  • Aluminum pedals for non P models
  • Sunshades from Tesla
  • If you're ambitious, you can add a roof trunk liner from eBay.
  • Volkswagen grocery bag hooks for the trunk, also found on eBay.
  • For protection, consider mudguards or paint protection film for the lower six inches under the doors to protect the paint from rock chips

Attachments

• hooks.jpg
    hooks.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 95
  • back letters.jpg
    back letters.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier
I was lucky to avoid your situation. I bought my M3LR out of inventory in April. No waiting, touchless delivery. I'd say that you should not wish any of your life away, but we are talking about your new Tesla, after all! :D

Any accessories you would recommend?

I think it depends on what trim you bought, and what you want out of the car. Tons of people seem to go for PPF, some get the sound upgraded if you get an SR+...

I have an 2020Q3 SR+ and am very happy with it, so I went for some cosmetic stuff mostly:
  • Knock-off weathertech style floor mats,
  • A TapTes USB port expander,
  • 18” aero wheel kit (removed the covers),
  • “Performance” pedals (why not!),
  • A cupholder thingy (so cups aren’t as loose),
  • Lift pucks (just in case),
  • USB-c charging cables for the rear passengers,
  • White console wrap to match my white interior (this did not work out as intended/I am horrible at vinyl wrap - scrapped), and
  • Mudflaps
I was considering the $80 wiring harness get the tweeters working, but honestly I’m fine with the sound as-is...

Reactions: Dayreg
I think it depends on what trim you bought, and what you want out of the car. Tons of people seem to go for PPF, some get the sound upgraded if you get an SR+...

I have an 2020Q3 SR+ and am very happy with it, so I went for some cosmetic stuff mostly:
  • Knock-off weathertech style floor mats,
  • A TapTes USB port expander,
  • 18” aero wheel kit (removed the covers),
  • “Performance” pedals (why not!),
  • A cupholder thingy (so cups aren’t as loose),
  • Lift pucks (just in case),
  • USB-c charging cables for the rear passengers,
  • White console wrap to match my white interior (this did not work out as intended/I am horrible at vinyl wrap - scrapped), and
  • Mudflaps
I was considering the $80 wiring harness get the tweeters working, but honestly I’m fine with the sound as-is...
Ordered a LR AWD mostly because of the superior sound system and already put down payment to get PPF...

Time to look into accessories now, see what I can find.

Reactions: SlimJim
Reminds me of our wait.... My wife found a way to look at the tesla website undecoded searching through the code for a vin number (it showes up a few days before you are notified) it was pandemonium when (Evie) finally showed up.

Ok...digging through the site source code is pretty impressive!

On a side note....can I assume by your user name that your other car is an S30? I have a Z33 track car myself.