Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with accessories for 2021 Model Y..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@greggap First of all, Congrats!!! I have had my MY just over a month now and I love it! I ordered the TeslaShields and they should be shipping any day, so if you want a first-hand account of those and you can wait a few days I will let you know how they are (yours should come with the standard floor mats which can bridge the gap). I ordered the Tesla console trays and they are great, my only complaint would be the front one doesnt slide very easily. As far as screen protector, I was on the fence about getting one but one of my first riders almost clipped the screen with the seatbelt so I ended up getting this one, https://smile.amazon.com/Topfit-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Compatible/dp/B074C1G76M?ref_=ast_sto_dp It installed fine but it does have some rainbow action going on if you wear polarized shades, other than that it does the job just fine and is not blurry and does not reduce responsiveness of the screen.

For my sunglasses, I couldnt find the person that deserves credit in the forums but I am loving their recommendation. Get one of those foam style beer coozies and stick it in the door cup holder, just pop your glasses in when you dont need them and grab them out when you do. No need to open anything to get them, I have been loving this solution.

I also added 'T' puddle lights on all four doors and change the footwell lights to blue and added back footwell lights in blue as well. I think I am done now (well, as soon as my floor mats arrive)! Let me know if you find any must haves... Hope this helps and ENJOY your new car!!!!

If you plan to charge at home using the Tesla Mobile Connector consider adding the Tesla Cable Organizer kit or similar from Amazon. The kit contains a hook for the charging cable; also just as important the kit includes a wall mount for the Mobile Connector chassis. The Mobile Connector should not hang supported only by the 14-50 plug adapter. If out of stock on the Tesla site then enter your email and you will be notified when the store item is available.
Cable Organizer

In addition to the Spigen screen protector the Abstract Ocean screen protector is a popular option, available in either glossy or matte finish.
Abstract Ocean - Tesla Model Y Accessories

The Tesla vehicle comes with a Tesla 128GB thumb drive. This type of memory storage device is not well suited to high volume read/write operations as with the Tesla Dashcam and Sentry Mode. The Tesla thumb drive is a nice bit of swag but for more dependable, longer lasting recording use an SSD or a MicroSD card with a USB adapter. The MicroSD card should be an Endurance type card (High Endurance - Sandisk, PRO Endurance - Samsung) Sandisk now sells a combination USB adapter and High Endurance MicroSD card as a bundle, saves a few dollars. (Note: The Tesla software now supports formatting, using exFAT and NTFS in addition to FAT32 so there is no issue when formatting a larger capacity memory storage device. Unless you plan to store a large music collection on the device a 128GB MicroSD card is more than enough for Dashcam and Sentry Mode recordings. (Dashcam only stores the most recent 1 hour of video unless you save the event clip (10 minute buffer); 128GB is enough storage for ~17 hours of Tesla video.)
I took delivery of my Model Y last week and did not receive a Tesla 128GB thumb drive? Was that a promotion of some kind? No worries I will use an SSD or MicroSD.

Hello,

We are actually now out of the pre order stage as our inventory is being shipped on Wednesday (April 28th, 2021). We have removed pre order from our site and will be bringing up the price gradually to regular MSRP ($179.99 -$189.99 for 3 piece 2020 and 2021 MY) as we get closer to delivery. To make our product available to all customers, we also decided on doing a Phase II Pre-order where those same mats will be $99.99 however, they will take 40 - 60 days to be delivered.

- Jason
thats a good deal. how can i get the phase ii preorder for 7seater?

thats a good deal. how can i get the phase ii preorder for 7seater?
Hi I have provided a link here for you convenience.

We are planning on shipping those out in August.

- Jason
Co-founder

Get under seat vent covers:

If you lose something down those holes, no idea how to get it back out... rings, earings, keys, credit cards...
I dropped some change down between the driver's seat and console the first day I had my Y. I thought I had retrieved all of it, but apparently not. Over the next two weeks, I was driven insane by the sound of what seemed to be a marble rolling one way, then the other when I went around a corner. I didn't know about the wide open vents under the seats. I finally went to the TESLA shop and asked them to fix whatever it was. They had to remove the back seats, pull up the carpet, and found two pennies and a nickel that were down in the works! Great guys, and they didn't charge me. I got the vent covers right away. Wish I had known or TESLA had put some covers on those things!

I dropped some change down between the driver's seat and console the first day I had my Y. I thought I had retrieved all of it, but apparently not. Over the next two weeks, I was driven insane by the sound of what seemed to be a marble rolling one way, then the other when I went around a corner. I didn't know about the wide open vents under the seats. I finally went to the TESLA shop and asked them to fix whatever it was. They had to remove the back seats, pull up the carpet, and found two pennies and a nickel that were down in the works! Great guys, and they didn't charge me. I got the vent covers right away. Wish I had known or TESLA had put some covers on those things!
Have my first Tesla ordered. Do these vents still come so exposed? I'm surprised they don't already have covers on them. If they are still so open I guess I'll add it to the list of accessories I need to get.

@greggap First of all, Congrats!!! I have had my MY just over a month now and I love it! I ordered the TeslaShields and they should be shipping any day, so if you want a first-hand account of those and you can wait a few days I will let you know how they are (yours should come with the standard floor mats which can bridge the gap). I ordered the Tesla console trays and they are great, my only complaint would be the front one doesnt slide very easily. As far as screen protector, I was on the fence about getting one but one of my first riders almost clipped the screen with the seatbelt so I ended up getting this one, https://smile.amazon.com/Topfit-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Compatible/dp/B074C1G76M?ref_=ast_sto_dp It installed fine but it does have some rainbow action going on if you wear polarized shades, other than that it does the job just fine and is not blurry and does not reduce responsiveness of the screen.

For my sunglasses, I couldnt find the person that deserves credit in the forums but I am loving their recommendation. Get one of those foam style beer coozies and stick it in the door cup holder, just pop your glasses in when you dont need them and grab them out when you do. No need to open anything to get them, I have been loving this solution.

I also added 'T' puddle lights on all four doors and change the footwell lights to blue and added back footwell lights in blue as well. I think I am done now (well, as soon as my floor mats arrive)! Let me know if you find any must haves... Hope this helps and ENJOY your new car!!!!
Can you share details on the footwell lights you got? Links to the site? Thanks.

All of this has arrived or arriving today/tomorrow as well as Rally Armor mud flaps.

ems in this shipment​

SVC-Z6PDR_v-y59HgGiFXvxs5uye1XghUxCNYRF6RxLUZUCHMTAxzrlCUuI6Pg_GN3pr8fYhvfJtkKTl1euDikfKshlIh3y68Vg8fXlksiQ6iZEBIeaiS1rutIg_ZTXsFZ5c_dTR54kn4P3hlwnrEZE_tqE6vE1KKGSyfeWtM8Z-YDLBlQET2w=s0-d-e1-ft
2021 Tesla Model Y & Model 3 Cup Holder Stabilizer × 1
IfL3Q2QQa9Vq5AP0ZcbBK24sh11Aofi_OkDgdyE1ScRjNbcOzGXIV8PH-sPRxZ6qPED9y0oK96qLWwHd4tOdkp8f3pqU75DJcHpQzeYcbulSi2YaV7Ppebmd1k83q6xQPtBpFsZs-YBPnI5LRTcdW2mL8uLtyjwuQk8tgpSHCUEq8bVAI9n7L6_JDm0=s0-d-e1-ft
2020-2021 Tesla Model Y Rear Trunk Well Storage Mat Cargo Liner × 1
rJAaFXkKIyeamYopprHW9jn5Ps2d4ETAKgTbEb7RZJGyfugp5HenSqrxa8B5leAmGhexQ9pptb31aET4hRC7dys1UVkXLgdaI1dtW80desIbANjduZJHePtz3IQeiY2pcLFCZCmkGwf47BlBFU1URuyG94DcXKuvR6_v4feFrOSs-QudeGfMFA=s0-d-e1-ft
2020-2021 Tesla Model Y Front Trunk Mat Frunk Cargo Liner × 1
MokDDNhZA5zSV1fYAY35e_Fw-fkgKH7FFxbzS2dp793h905EBjRxzCLgtG_Qf0bmlT3YMIZnohnN_NStJ-U9GAPPX8dJGngxwITw8u5XKK-i5Pg4pfAEoi_wVQl6JIQzMHCXqfyNrHER_oTLN2EWg9UJ_4E7=s0-d-e1-ft
Tesla Model Y / Model 3 Rear Air Condition Vent Covers × 1
5w2RlW0zpb1btAH7lKe-HFCWxzWcDC830oGtTcM0F14cQIC8ZE5GwqIBLehIDXM8hAXwcYukoFI5LmiFpcjFYg7TpPGOmOdxQDh_PBp0P6_3adSCizMI5sXi8WGc20T8imobj8hIu_NP5KKQVjjJ9stJrXud6oHD0ewj6jvHTQkhQwP9DHYltELp=s0-d-e1-ft
2020-2021 Tesla Model Y Floor Mats Full Set - PRE-ORDER × 1
RCxmhXtJ6ZyGEXLk0SNyDG1wKzqMwX1qawqnC1Dt4y4t5qTsLjn-8WQt8pNUavc90XexkILFTfoGbydyzJAx3E6BOAxMkc5ZMJyG2fUKe7Ul-a5fhQV5n_4szlNP-EKKaFsxpVGmAO9VZ1JBcbA7ZKKN6tMFdVipRDsc_VyUWKfcQcSUauxO4Q=s0-d-e1-ft
Invisible Foldaway Phone Mount For Tesla × 1
f_8wIR58HXdjQXC0DuH15mD4GKFZ14QTEg3Q3cugsSM9HfhBzy9kbBCzxIfF3Gj_Hf9hhMgqmW9WivBmg7xkr3Yd5pni0VjKolfmoqTPSYCJDnqoN5Rt-mKcHPuzAqplM38PtZ7nBuEKq8BEeNDDV2FemyH659QBxO_Ys7AKsVmmx_LtVXhsdeugGrYrlMgW6c9Y_Vy8dw=s0-d-e1-ft
Tesla Model Y Front License Plate Mount - "Quick Bandit" × 1
--- / ---
G2MnLGUzCI_K6VXu9Xle4sQM1il222uROpLp47wWZGz300oWWwun8Xiqgl73fqXjEfYl2bbs-qtdyw8r7j3aZqvRWpE1cttSZzpqkZ5F56_nYMBas56s72kzQqsCa-e4eDTOK_pvRobeeJKUqxBhGxtVp3eHxbWngMdX2i3uUjXvZsSlReK5oDWHA89JQSKPVI76rLIr1uqaU1mlFu0B_XZDvszCwj8L3lAWXxgYMxrZHfM1ZEiDRfTA8qjGHt94rXKYWi8V=s0-d-e1-ft
Tesla Model 3 & Y Center Console Tray × 1
2021 (Center console w/ sliding door)

Reactions: cancoi