Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here is how you clean white Tesla Seats...Best way!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good discussion and I see a lot of people talking about using baby wipes but honestly its not good. Baby wipes are highly alkaline and are harmful to leather products. its true for babywipes without alcohol and the ones with alcohol are Worst!

PLEASE GUYS DON'T USE BABY WIPES!!!

Read the 2 articles below from different sources if anyone is interested. Many other multiple sources are also available on same topic which advise you not to use babywipes for leather cleaning.

Should You Use Baby Wipes to Clean Leather?

How can baby wipes ruin leather

Only one thing...

These seats arent leather..."vegan" leather isnt a thing. Its a fancy word for vinyl.

Agree it’s not leather but any thing made out of chemical damages leather/bonded leather/vinyl etc.
No one know what types of chemical is used in baby wipes so why risk.

1) The chemicals are all literally listed on the package.
2) Water is a chemical. Your dawn dish soap is a chemical. Anything that is used to clean anything, including dedicated leather and vinyl cleaner is a chemical.
3) You didn't even know what your seats were made of but want to be taken seriously about how to clean them?

• Love
Reactions: 8rain and Altes
I have white seats in my Model S and I have been cleaning my white seats by following this method and it works 100% of the time and is safe...no issues and no harm...your leather seats (not sure if its really pure leather) will stay the same and stay clean.

My Seats stays very clean and never had any issues..till this day i get complements on how clean my car is specially every-time I take it to the dealership they tell me my car is like new......i saw a few posts people asking about the best way so thought about recording a video and sharing it with you all.

I clean it this way every 2-3 months and it keeps it clean and keeps the dirt off. you can see towards the end of the video how dirty the water gets even after wiping it.

hope this video helps you guys keeping your teslas clean..

Walgreens unscented baby wipes, Ive been using them on REAL leather for 6 years (116K miles) and everything looks brand new

Reactions: Bobo818
Good discussion and I see a lot of people talking about using baby wipes but honestly its not good. Baby wipes are highly alkaline and are harmful to leather products. its true for babywipes without alcohol and the ones with alcohol are Worst!

PLEASE GUYS DON'T USE BABY WIPES!!!

Read the 2 articles below from different sources if anyone is interested. Many other multiple sources are also available on same topic which advise you not to use babywipes for leather cleaning.

Should You Use Baby Wipes to Clean Leather?

How can baby wipes ruin leather
Wow, an expensive leather cleaner website saying dont use babywipes. Just fact checked your aklaline claim PH meter here at work says 7.2. Heres a primer on the "alchohols" you claim are drying

Like I said, been using them for 6 years on my tesla black LEATHER and its like brand new, removes makeup, skin oils, grease and food deposits. Should work fine on your white VINYL interior

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve